Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2001 4:42:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:44:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Beat me by a few seconds. This is the line that stuck out to me. Let the bombs fly.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#2]
This is what I have been saying all day.  Those countries that harbor terrorists need to pay.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:47:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:47:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Beat me,This is an important statement.Finally a president with Balls!
cpermd
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:49:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:50:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought bush might bitch out, but it looks like he means business with these bastards and I am glad!
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:50:39 PM EDT
[#7]
There needs to be a full out response.  I for one would volunteer.

Occupy the Middle East.

Pump out all the oil.

Give the worthless, barren land back to them after 10 or 15 years.  They will not have any funds with which to retaliate.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:02:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank God indeed that George W. is President! That G.D. creep Bill Clinton is responsible for
the country being viewed by our enemies as a big fat do-nothing nation!  

If he had struck back at America's enemies on a regular basis, instead of just when the Grand Jury was in session, or when there was a certain guest on Larry King, we may not be in the sad shape we're in today!

Eric The(LetGeorgeDoIt!)Hun[>]:)]  
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:20:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Fellow AR-15ers
I like all of you was very disturbed by what I saw today, not only by the terrorist attacks but by the actions of my friends and neighbors.
Soon after the news hit, my neighbor called to let me know what was happening and one of the first things she said was "can your wife get called up?" (She is an Air Force reservist) I replied "yes" and her response was "Do whatever it takes to keep her here"  This sentiment was echoed by several friends of ours as well.  
    After watching our President tonight and his thoughtful words, my opinion is even more steadfast.  Yes I want to keep my loved ones close to me but should the call come and she has to report for duty, I will support her, and our country with everything that I am and if they would take me, I would be right beside her serving my country.
   I saw the same opinions during the Gulf War, when there was talk about a draft every person around me was talking about how to avoid it.  My opinion was to stand up when the call came and do my duty.  Have others here experienced the same sentiment from others around you or is this just me?  I am selfish about wanting to keep my wife out of harms way but I think I know when to put that aside to let duty to God, Country, Family, and Self (in that order) take over and do what is right.  The let someone else do it mentality really bothers me, that someone else has family and loved ones just like I do and why should he/she be put in a position to die for their country before me.  
<----Gets off soap box now.
God Bless America, pass me a sniper rifle and show me where they live!
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:24:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thank God indeed that George W. is President! That G.D. creep Bill Clinton is responsible for
the country being viewed by our enemies as a big fat do-nothing nation!  

If he had struck back at America's enemies on a regular basis, instead of just when the Grand Jury was in session, or when there was a certain guest on Larry King, we may not be in the sad shape we're in today!

Eric The(LetGeorgeDoIt!)Hun[>]:)]  
View Quote

What did we ever do to deserve the kind of quality leadership we have tonight.  I shiver to think what Gore would have done in this situation..
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:30:25 PM EDT
[#11]

There's a really good article here
http://www.capitalismmagazine.com/2001/september/rwt_acts_of_war.htm
on the subject of war and against whom it should be declared.

- CD
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:33:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:45:24 PM EDT
[#13]
What's equally important but more subtle is Bush's use of the word 'war'. Extremely strong in diplomatic speak.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:50:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Bush's staement was directed right at Afganistan IMHO.  Alot of Congressman and the Pres have refered to this as war, which it is.

GWB will learn from the mistakes of his father!

GWB made me real proud today.

sgtar15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top