Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2001 4:24:22 PM EDT
Stopped at the gun shop on the way to the range today to stock up on 223. The owner said the price in Tampa had gone up to over $10 a box of 20 PMC. His was marked at 3.65. I said whats your price and he said its still 3.65 so I bought all of it.
On the way home we stopped at the K-Mart to pick up some pictures my buddy had left. At the counter I made joke about 223 being sold out quickly in the sporting goods dept. HE SAID all ammo sales in FL were stopped due to the state of emergency. I asked the usual questions like was it just K/Wal-mart etc.. was he sure it was everywhwere? He said it was everywhere in FL. He's not the normal pimply-faced kid at K-Mart, I deal with him at the photo dept. lots.
Anyone in FL have any other info? BP
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#1]
a state of emergency has been declared in FL... hopefully it will keep the gas price gougers under control.  The no ammo sales is a twist I haven't heard of yet, though... I'll stop by Wally world in the AM...
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:01:55 PM EDT
[#2]
They just announced on ABC that K-Mart has stopped sales of guns, ammo and knives nationwide in response to this tragedy.

OOPS! Just guns and ammo, NOT KNIVES. Sorry!
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:07:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:14:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn Kmart, They are AGAINST Americans protecting themselves!!!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top