Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2001 3:43:11 PM EDT
My cousin Elizabeth is still missing after the attack in New York. I don't know which building or floor she worked on, or who her employer is, but she was an accountant at the WTC. Her mom is going nuts. She is 45 years old and has two kids, and a large extended family. I am worried sick. Here is a pic taken last December in Connecticut:

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/034/Yb/UC/sI/Vr24741.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:44:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:45:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Being done as we speak, my children are being put to bed, and their prayers are being said.

Good luck and god bless.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:47:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Prayers for all those missing and lost.  Gus, you and yours are in my prayers...

I wonder if sarge will get pissed when I show up tonight with a black band on my badge?
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:50:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Elizabeth is in my prayers. Keep the faith.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:52:54 PM EDT
[#5]
God bless you, and your family.  I hope He watches over all of us, and comforts and strenghtens us in our time of need.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:52:58 PM EDT
[#6]
She will be in my prayers also.

OiRogers..............wear the black band man, how can they not understand.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:54:52 PM EDT
[#7]
You have my prayers for a phone call from her.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:00:48 PM EDT
[#8]
You have them. Keep us informed.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:06:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Gus, she's in my prayers.

If its any consolation, phone service is a mess in Manhattan, cell phones are useless, and transportation in and out of the city is at a minimum.  My sister works about 10 blocks away from the WTC and it took her the better part of the day to get a call through to me to let me know she was ok.  I just pray your cousin is having similar trouble finding a phone thats working.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:09:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Done.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:12:22 PM EDT
[#11]
What more can be said! Family is family
Good luck!
SCratch
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I hope that she is found alive & well.

Keep the faith.

My thoughts are with you & your family.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:27:54 PM EDT
[#14]
You got it gus.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:28:58 PM EDT
[#15]
My thoughts are with you and all the people
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:31:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Elizabeth is in my prayers.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#17]
May Our Heavenly Father bless and keep Elizabeth and her family. Amen.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:47:25 PM EDT
[#18]
GUS:  Prayers are being said nationwide for your cousin.  Know that and believe it.

Stay strong, I pray for the Mercy of the Lord to shine on Elizabeth and your family.  I pray she will be returned to your family safely.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:55:05 PM EDT
[#19]
DONE
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:56:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Done
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:01:28 PM EDT
[#21]
My prayers and best wishs go out to Elizabeth, you and your family as well as the families of those still missing, the missing and those less fortunite.

May god bless us all and save us from that this world has become.

As for those MONSTERS that plan and executed this plan, may justice be swift.

A friend from another board sent me this and I would like to share This email has already made it through several hearts.  
Please cut and paste and send it on to your friends.  We
are a Christian nation and the time is now to stand on
our faith and answer the call to service.

The following prayer is offered for your use.  Please
modify it to fit your own personal religious beliefs.

Almighty God,

You have given us this good land as our heritage.  
Unite us as one people in spite of our coming from many
nations with many different languages and religions.

We pray for the victims of the terrorism unfolding
on this day.  We pray for those who will provide rescue
and rehabilitation to them.  We pray for wisdom for our
leaders and other world leaders as they respond to these
savage attacks.

We pray that you would guide the nations of the
world into ways of justice and truth, and establish
among them that peace which is the fruit of
righteousness.

We pray that you would turn the hearts of those
who believe violence is the way to solve differences. We
acknowledge our own anger and ask you to hear our
thoughts of retaliation and revenge while trusting you
to bring justice to bear and to lead us all into the way
of peace.

As we pray in your most holy name.  Amen.

Karsten

Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:09:34 PM EDT
[#22]
My dad just called to tell me Liz has turned up in a hospital somewhere in NYC. She has a bad concussion(sp?) and cuts on her head and arms. She was on the 20th floor and was able to escape just before the first tower collapsed. She was wandering around incoherently and was helped by a group of civilians. They said she had no ID (purse still in the bldg) and did not know where she was or what had happened. Apparently a piece of debris hit her on the head as she was running away. They got her to the hospital but it took several hours. Sometime this evening she started coming around and called my aunt.
Guys, tears are streaming down my face as I type this. THANK YOU FOR YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS!!!!!  
Liz's prognosis is good at this time and she will likely be released tomorrow or the next day.  THANK GOD!!!!!  
Let's now redirect our prayers to the others who were not as fortunate as my family. I truly know what they are going through.
I'm going to take a drive up to Connecticut this weekend and hug her for a day or two. We were very close as kids and I was just about out of my mind until dad called.
Make sure you spend as much time as possible with those you love. You never know when they will be gone.

Thanks again!!!!

Gus
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:11:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Glad to hear, lets keep the prayers going for the others
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:12:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Great news.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:12:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:14:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Glad to hear, lets keep the prayers going for the others
View Quote

AMEN! Glad to hear she was found and made it out alive....

Rick

Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#27]
I am crying also Gus, that is great news.

My sister was standing jsut outside as the first building came down, seems the falling debris and rush of air stripped her naked (broke hercollarbone and cut her up pretty bad).  Didn't some suit that found her stripped himself down to his underwear and gave her his suit by the time she got to the hospital she found she still had his wallet and keys in the pockets.  Needless to say, this hero is going to get a dinner invatation for him and his family, and treated like royalty by me and mine.

My sister made it to St. Vincents where my wife was working (she did her residency there and had the kids there visiting and was pressed into service), my sister found my wife and all was pretty OK with my tiny little section of the world.

My wife is reporting that there is a terrible shortage of blood, the blood that is being given right now is going to take a while yet to get into the system, so keep giving.  

If you are in St. Vincents and see a drop-dead gorgeous blond, blue eyed doctor, tell her I love her and give her a friendly kiss for me.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:26:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Done, brotha.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:27:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Great News!!

Glad that she is OK.

Make it a week long hug!!

Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:30:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
My dad just called to tell me Liz has turned up in a hospital somewhere in NYC.

Glad to hear it.  That anyone above the first floor survived is something of a miracle.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:34:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Gus, Glad to hear your cousin is ok.
hielo, Glad to hear your sister is ok also.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:38:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Glad that both of your loved ones made it out. Prayers for their speedy recovery and for the ones who perished.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top