Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2001 3:02:22 PM EDT
... any "special treatment" at work today?
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:05:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:10:54 PM EDT
[#2]
... you're right kpel308, but it's no secret that they let most folks go home after lunch today.

It might be different tomarrow though !!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:21:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Northrop Grumman at the BWI airport got out the automatic rifles for the guards.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:34:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Lockheed Martin increased security (local police & LM security) & allowed employees to leave if they wanted. Employees were given a phone number to call in the morning to check on the situation at the plant.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:35:18 PM EDT
[#5]
... well if there was anything in my life to gel U.S. resolve this is it.

... It means a lot more to me now to make it to work on time
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:51:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I was working at a Naval Base today we received an request to leave.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:15:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Good to see you're alive & well, Winston. When I showed up, the guy in the guard shack was his usual self. Probably hadn't heard about it yet. At least he wasn't asleep, as some of them are some times. I was only there a short time today, though.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:43:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Kind of funny I was working at an Air Force base and yesterday they were exercising DefCon Bravo and this morning before the attacks they were exercising DefCon Charlie. Afterwards we were asked to leave.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:40:59 PM EDT
[#9]
The Boeing Delta rocket plant in Decatur Al had double guards and restricted access. The guards aren't armed if you can believe that!

Redstone Arsenal civilian employees were sent home. Boeing on the arsenal shut down. I don't know when they will be able to return.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top