Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/11/2001 1:45:46 PM EDT
I have been following the news coverage closely all day, but it is still hard to realize the amount of lives that must have been lost today. I live and work in the capitol of Norway, after hearing the news about the terrorist attacks, I went home early from work to watch CNN. As my bus passed the main entrance of the US embassy in Oslo on my way home, I could see the sad expression on the US security guards. I wanted to get up right there on the bus and salute them and the USA to express my respect. The USA gave the ultimate sacrifice when you lost thousands and thousands of young soldiers in your effort to liberate Europe during the second world war. For this we are forever grateful. Now, as the leader of the free world, and the only nation not afraid to take matters into hand. You are increasingly exposed to the threat of terrorism from powers of evil. I think it is important to emphasize how much the rest of the free world depend on the USAs role as world leader. Without you, there would be no stability. My sincerest condolences to the families of those afflicted by this tragedy. And a great "thank you" to all those serving in the armed forces for maintain the stability of the free world. Mads H, Oslo, Norway
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:55:26 PM EDT
Thank you, sir. Courage, boys. We need to calmly figure out who is responsible, and then "get" them. Don't eat up all your Y2K supplies, yet.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:56:46 PM EDT
combattronics, thank you.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:56:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:58:10 PM EDT
Thank you for your kind words and your respect.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:14:47 PM EDT
Thankyou for your sentiments combattronics. I can't help but believe someone has bitten off more than they can chew. Way more. Justice will prevail.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:17:20 PM EDT
Thanks for the sentiment. This is a time for all our allys to pull together.
Top Top