Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2001 12:16:59 PM EDT
Someone's going to be spanked severely for these terrorist attacks!  Will we get the guilty ones?

DaMan
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 12:20:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I dunno?  Lets run down the list...

N. Korea?
China?
Iraq?
Some other BFE nation?

M.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 12:25:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 12:30:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, Afghan Taliban should just fork over Bin Laden and we'll see if he catches a bullet.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 12:31:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Know what?  I suspect this attack was by a NATION/NATIONS!  

Who will we spank?  Who would benefit by such an attack?

Damn, I hear the media talking already about giving up some liberties for "short term" security (Tom Brokejaw NBC).

DaMan
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 12:45:32 PM EDT
[#5]
The most obvious target is Afghanistan, where the probably mastermind behind the attack is being sheltered.  The country that likely bankrolled the attack is Saudi Arabia...they have been known in the past to financially support Bin Laden.  They are putatively our "allies" but they stab us in the back constantly.  We put up with it because we want cheap oil.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 12:47:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Shimon Peres just made a statement!  Really strange!

DaMan
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:53:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Rik, Saudi Arabia bankrolled the operation?  Quit smoking so much crack cocaine!

DaMan
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:57:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Kill every single one of them, kill their wives, kill their children
and sow their fields with salt. Leave not a single person alive to
avenge them, anyone who expresses animosity to us over this
killing needs to die also. If there is no one left but Americans when
it is all over, that price is not to high.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:00:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Rik, Saudi Arabia bankrolled the operation?  Quit smoking so much crack cocaine!

DaMan
View Quote

i don't think it's such a radical idea.  they are muslim first and foremost.  and while i sincerly doubt that saudi arabia created and implemented this, i would NOT be surprised that they helped with the funding, even if indirectly.

i think i recall some other instances where they have been less than ally-like to us when we needed some help.  and bin Laden is saudi arabian by birth.  the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:01:54 PM EDT
[#10]
hielo, yes!  That's what should happen to THOSE RESPONSIBLE!

DaMan
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:24:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Rant on, Duh, but there is very strong intelligence that this is so.  I also have a friend that was recently in Yemen and he told me it is common knowledge over there that several Saudi oil-billionaires are bankrolling Bin Laden.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Rik, you should work for the State Department instead of being just an AR-15 "contributor"!  Saudi Arabia would just lose, lose, lose by supporting something like this.

I'm sure your friend is VERY credible!  HAHAHAHHAA!

DaMan
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:37:06 PM EDT
[#13]
If you required a diversion to say attack another contry (not saying Taiwain) would this not be the start.... Or if you wanted to become a "over night" economic player in the world stage why not attack the biggest center in the world
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:06:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Whatever, DuhMan.  You're the big foreign policy expert here, I guess...I forgot, just when did you start working for the State Dept again?
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Of course the Saudis bankroll Bin Laden! They say it is to buy his cooperation and keep him off their backs! But they front the money, anyway!

Saudi Arabia also donates $10,000.00 to each of the families of the suicide bombers attacking Israel!  Without this promise, how many of these suicide bombers might decide NOT to leave their families destitute by carrying out the attack?  We'll never know, will we?

Eric The(Let'sTakeThemToo,IfNecessary)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:32:07 PM EDT
[#16]
OK, RikWriter and ErictheHun say we should hit Saudi Arabia!  Let's do it!.........

Or back to my original question, (and the two guys above already know the answer). Who will benefit by this attack?

DaMan
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:26:32 AM EDT
[#17]
So, Eric...... the Saudis bankroll the suicide bombers that attack Israel! Why doesn't Israel spank them?

The Saudis would not benefit from this attack on the US.

DaMan

Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:58:08 AM EDT
[#18]
We aren't going to "hit" Saudi for two reasons:
1)It would alienate nearly every nation in the MIddle East that doesn't already hate us.
2)We still want their cheap oil.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 8:24:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
We aren't going to "hit" Saudi for two reasons:
1)It would alienate nearly every nation in the MIddle East that doesn't already hate us.
2)We still want their cheap oil.
View Quote

And if we de-stabilize the Saudi monarchy, their likely replacement would be a virulently anti-American theocracy, a la Iran.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 9:00:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Rik, the third reason the US won't hit Saudi Arabia is because they do not bankroll Usama bin Laden.

Bin Laden was told to leave Saudi Arabia.

Iraq is known to secretly support bin Laden.  So that's ONE country that benefitted by this low tech terrorist attack on the US.

I think you will actually see Saudi Arabia pick up oil production (keeping prices lower) after the US spanks Iraq....again!

DaMan  
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 11:20:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Rik, the third reason the US won't hit Saudi Arabia is because they do not bankroll Usama bin Laden.
View Quote

You can say that over and over with your fingers in your ears if you like, Duh, if it makes you feel better.
You're still wrong.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 11:31:13 AM EDT
[#22]
And Dick, you can spout your ill-informed crap until you're blue in the face!

The Saudi Monarchy would like to see bin Laden DEAD!

Of course, a clever guy like YOU probably doesn't believe that!

I'm sure you can cite a ton of reliable sources that can trace bin Laden's financing to the Saudis!  I know bin Laden was a Saudi billionaire, are you counting the money he took with him as support from Saudi Arabia?

BTW, Dick, since you are all knowing, what were the nationalities of these terrorists?  I know...they were Arabs, right?

You're one funny fellow!

DaMan

Link Posted: 9/12/2001 12:04:27 PM EDT
[#23]
I seriously doubt that the Saudi Government funded this or any of Bin Laden's other attacks (assuming he is responsible for this one).  Before most of us had even heard of Bin Laden, his family froze all of his assets and exiled him.  They disagreed with his decision to fight the Soviets.  He has been nothing but a pain in the Ass to the Saudis ever since.  However, that is not to say that private individuals are not funding him.  This is a little more difficult to deal with unless you know who they are.  I'm not sure what the answer is.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 12:18:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Saudi Arabia also donates $10,000.00 to each of the families of the suicide bombers attacking Israel!
View Quote

I thought that was Iraq, not Saudi Arabia.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Chimborazo, please don't confuse Eric or Dick with the facts!  Iraq....Saudi Arabia....what's the difference?

The important thing to Eric is that some Arab country is giving money to Palastinian suicide bombers.  How this equates to Saudi support of Osama bin Laden, beats the hell out of me!

Oh, well!

DaMan

Link Posted: 9/12/2001 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
BTW, Dick, since you are all knowing, what were the nationalities of these terrorists?  I know...they were Arabs, right?
View Quote

Which terrorists, Duh?  The ones that took over the airliners?  At least two were apparently from the United Arab Emirates, don't know yet about the others.  Was there some point to this, other than the one on top of your head?
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 3:03:14 PM EDT
[#27]
the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
View Quote

Which tree did Tim McVie fall from?
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 3:09:35 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't really care who paid for what. My damn liberty was secured, and I was called back to my ship because of this sh!t. All I wanna hear is that were going over seas and blowing a new hole in someones ass...

"Where are the carriers???"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top