Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2001 10:46:37 AM EDT
People alive today will, no doubt, remember the events of this day for as long as they live. It will dwarf their memories of JFK's death, Pearl Harbor, whatever.

Has the Pentagon ever been at DefCon One before?
Not [u]even[/u] during the Cuban Missile crisis.

Has the FAA ever closed all airports before and diverted all International flights to Canada?

Has Canada ever closed all its airports before?

Have air craft carriers ever been stationed off the coast of the US to provide air cover? See the story at
[url]http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=24422[/url]

My wife works for the Feds.  After OKCity bomb, she worked the rest of the day. The Feds sent her home within the hour of the NYCity attack!

My usually always-busy business telephone at my office has not rung once since thus morning!

Time is at a standstill, it seems, until all the dust has settled in our nation. [b]This is truly the Day the Earth Stood Still![/b]

Imagine the stories that will never be told. The heroes who died in the collapse of the World Trade Centers, the rescued victims on the street who were caught by the subsequent collapse of the towers, and the poor victims on the hi-jacked jetliners.

We will never know all there is about this catastrophe, try as we may.

The face of America will be changed forever.

Eric The([b]WeAreAllNewYorkers,Today[/b])Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:50:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Well said Eric,

And the WHOLE WORLD is watching for our response.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:51:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:51:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:52:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well said Eric,

And the WHOLE WORLD is watching for our response.
View Quote

They'll get it.  In the form of unbridled force, extreme prejudice, and nuclear submission, as it may, they'll get it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:53:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you for your words Eric.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:55:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Good post.

What a time to be alive!  History happening before our eyes!
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:58:27 AM EDT
[#7]
KILL THEM ALL!
let's take out those stupid terrorist nations
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:59:39 AM EDT
[#8]
My sister works in downtown Chicago in one of the skyscapers. She called to say she was leaving.
The Illinois national guard was put on alert.
The museums are closed. Sears Tower, the Hancock Building, the Standard Oil Building and many more have been evacuated.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:01:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, and we thought the historically close presidential election of 2000 was going to be [b]the[/b] story of our lifetime!

Eric The(Guess,Again!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:02:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Can anyone guess where are nuke subs are at?
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:21:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Under "normal" circumstances, i am a kentuckian, but these arent normal times.  TODAY, i am a NEWYORKER.  Godbless the family members and friends of the victims.  My prayers are with the state of newyork and washington dc.  This dredful event is also an attack on AMERICA.  May our elected officials defend her respectivly, honorably and promply.  

-godbless-
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 12:58:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Under normal circumstances I am an American. Today I feel more like an American then I ever have. Today we Americans need to step back and reflect on what has happened. Do what you can to help, give blood, donate food or clothes, or pray. This is a time for unity. The time for action will come.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:09:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I hope neither I, nor anyone, ever see this type of history again.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Great post, Eric
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:39:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Can anyone guess where are nuke subs are at?
View Quote

I know, and they are ready for action.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:48:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Italian Nato air bases have been at grade "4" , the highest, then  back at "3/0" alarm.
(from italian TV)

For I feel a little American, too, for what America stands for, this indeed is a sad day.

It is time the Free World unites again and kick off those scums like UN terrorists, comrade terrorists, islamic terrorists.

No standing in the middle, pals. With us,
or against us (and against my grab-free guns, too).
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:30:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:35:39 PM EDT
[#18]
2,400 died at Pearl. I wouldn't be surprised at all if 24,000 died today.

I saw the 2nd tower get hit. I saw both go down. All on live TV. I was beside myself.

Burn the bastards.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:15:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Post from WILSON -
But I'd suspect that the decisions made today, and in the next few days may dwarf what happened today.
View Quote

Just as what happened at Hiroshima and Nagasaki dwarfed what happened at Pearl Harbor. I only hope that once the criminal is determined, the results of our response would have the same ratio as that!

If they have destroyed 4 to 7 buildings, then we need to destroy 4 to 7 cities, and so on until the number of their dead outnumber ours by a satisfyingly large factor!

Eric The(JustSay'When')Hun[>]:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top