Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2001 8:35:40 AM EDT
This is something that kinda hit me all of a sudden, after seeing the footage of the 2nd plane crashing into the trade center for about the 3rd or 4th time in only 4-5 minutes I had to turn the TV off.

What's more is that watching the media whores in the streets, many of them appear to be running around after the most traumatized and hysterical people who were clearly affected by the acts that they witnessed all in an attempt to sell that suffering as being "newsworthy", all I see it as is sensationalization of a tragic event.

I heard about all of this early this morning when I was working and didn't have access to any form of news, I came home to watch a bit of TV news and for 10 minutes of valid information I had endure watching that 2nd plane crashing into the trade center a total of 3-4 times and each time I was left wondering how many people had just died instantly, how many were left wounded and slowly dying in the resulting fire, and then how many more people died during the collapse of the building.

Out of respect for those involved in this tragedy, I'm turning off the damned television and refusing to watch the news, I will however turn on my radio for any future news updates.

Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:41:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I turned off the TV and went downstairs to work as soon as the 2nd WTC tower went down.

- CD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top