Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/10/2001 9:34:49 PM EDT
I just got back from a trip to high grass/dessart. It is so quiet there you can hear vehicle movment from 2 miles. For me, it's never quiet.. the ringing seems so loud the first night away from the city..
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 9:40:48 PM EDT
I've heard accupunture can help in some cases. I heard of people who were getting almost total relief after getting several sessions while others only needed one session. Maybe you should look into it if its that serious.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 9:46:45 PM EDT
Had it bad when I was younger, not too bad these days. Now I just can't hear too well. To many metal concerts right next to the PA, long motorcycle rides, and shooting without hearing protection when I was a kid. I now wear earplugs for anything that might be loud. For you youngsters, wear ear protection. Wear it to concerts, you can actually hear the music better, wear it when you mow the lawn, and for gods sake, never shoot without it. Hearing damage can't be repaired.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 9:59:09 PM EDT
I always have to have some kind of background noise going so I don't have to listen to the ringing.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 10:00:02 PM EDT
Hell, I'm only 27 and I've had for as long as I can remember. I used to go pheasant hunting every weekend when I was little. So little I used to hold my .410 under my armpit! Sometimes I just forget about it and don't even notice it but now that you mentioned it... WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER THAT DAMN PHONE!
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 10:04:28 PM EDT
I first noticed it when I was 5 years old, after waking up from a nightmare. I've had it ever since.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 10:08:01 PM EDT
I have it real bad. However I am able to pretty much ignore it. I have heard of some people wanting to kill themselves it drives them so crazy.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 10:08:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By bunghole: I always have to have some kind of background noise going so I don't have to listen to the ringing.
View Quote
Thats how I get to sleep now....... I turn on a fan or something to cover the ring a little. I can't sleep very well at all when I go into the boonies because of the damn noise...in my head. For those of you that dont have it listne real close to the sound of your CPU fans. Try to imagine it bottled up in your head..
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 10:10:01 PM EDT
Originally Posted By RipMeyer: I have it real bad. However I am able to pretty much ignore it. I have heard of some people wanting to kill themselves it drives them so crazy.
View Quote
I wont be killin myself over it... I can always turn up the sterio..........
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 10:13:25 PM EDT
I am 29 years old with 70% hearing in right ear and 85% in left ear. Culprit? Shooting and working in industrial environments(Paper mills, gas plants, and now a power plant) [b]USE HEARING PROTECTION[/b] Once its gone, you cannot get it back!!! My wife reminds me everyday just how bad my hearing is(most of that, though, is selective hearing)
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 11:13:41 PM EDT
WHAAAAT?!?! You'll have to speak louder. Damn ringing. . . .
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 11:19:01 PM EDT
I've got it bad. Always wore hearing protection while shooting, but I'm a drummer and didn't learn my lesson until it was too late.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 11:25:33 PM EDT
I must be lucky because after years of Aerosmith concerts and standing in front of the Marshall 100 wt., I have no ringing at all. But overall, my hearing is not nearly as good as it was before I decided to learn to play the guitar in 1976.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:35:36 AM EDT
BAD! But its a way of life for me by now. I hardly notice it. No sense in me buying a watch or calculator with an alarm though. I couldnt hear it if it was pressed right up to my ear.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:37:23 AM EDT
Welcome to the Ear Club for Men. The password is "Huh?"
Top Top