Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:44:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Ditto on the birth control glasses, too.  Not only were they ugly, they were too easy to crack and too slippery to stay put without a PT strap.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:03:12 AM EDT
[#2]
After I got out of basic I was assigned to a ceremonial unit (Military District of Washington MP Co. AKA Old Guard look a likes). I didn't go to the field that much, but we had all kinds of "toy soldier" crap. I came to hate dress uniform stuff. White pistol belts suck, brasso sucks, polishing the brass sucks, spit shining boots and shoes sucked. Dress blues are hot, uncomfortable and restrictive when we wore them; same with Class-A greens. We never wore BDU's on the gates or guard duty until we bombed Libya in 1986. Had to call the MP station everyday, 2 hours before your shift, to learn what the uniform of the day was. This translated into having three variations of uniform ready at all times (Class-A's, Class-B's and Dress Blues). None of these uniforms are very practicle, other than looking pretty.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top