Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2001 11:25:15 AM EDT
She has slightly reddish brown long hair and is very pretty.  She is also 5'7" and loves to shoot and talk guns.  However, she does have the gall to outshoot me everytime we go to the range.[:(!]  She is quite the little [sniper] She did it again today with my M48 Mauser and my Springfield M1A.  She shot 1" 100 yard groups to my 2" groups.  Not only, that, but then she proceeds to rub it in big time.  Then she even made me buy her lunch!!!!  Hmmmmph.  The gall this gal has is just too much for me, I can't take it.

Actually, I love her very much, and am very proud of her, but next time, winner buys lunch!!  Hmmm.  I guess I'll just have to keep her; despite the attitude. [:D]
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 11:34:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Beware!!! Her attitude is rubbing off on YOU!!!

I was going to offer to take her off you hands, but you went and change your mind 180 degs. by the end of your post.

Just like a woman. [:)] [:)]
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 11:42:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Throw in the M-1A and I'll take her off your hands
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 12:00:52 PM EDT
[#3]
One of my friends divorced his wife, and I do believe the #1 reason is she did much better flyfishing  than he could.
I don't have to worry about that with my wife. She can't hit the broadside of a barn. [smoke]
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 12:04:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Now this girlfriend, does she come with any mags or accessories. I can always use a spare girlfreind, if she can shoot that means she can guard the fort when I'm with the other girlfriend. Does she know any tricks?
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 12:04:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Does she have a sister that is single?[8)]
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 12:48:15 PM EDT
[#6]
The "slightly used" part is very worrisome.

I have a "slightly used" 2001 Toyota that is waiting it's turn for the shredder at the junk yard!
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 1:46:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I might be willing to trade.  Can you psot some pix? [;)]
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 2:19:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Hell, I'd love to meet a woman who likes guns.  Every one of them I meet gets all freaked out about guns.  I did date this blond Army gal who loved to go shooting, but she is in Bosnia now.  And, yes she is good looking.  If they looked like her when I was in , I might have stayed.
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 2:37:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Please send serious inquirys for a trade (and pictures) to:
[email protected]
[:D]
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 2:41:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I could use a new girlfriend right now.
I just got told to hit the road last nite.
I'm still trying to get over it.
I really thought I was onto something this time too.
I guess nice guys always do finish last.[v]
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 2:49:30 PM EDT
[#11]
 Well, I'll trade you for her.  She has to have a job and can't buy clothes for Christmas gifts.  It's guns and toys or nothing.
  Where is the picture,,,,,makes a fellow worry she is a mud fence.
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 3:29:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Matt S's girlfriend here.

NO!  Sorry guys, I'm not for sale.  He's just upset that I can outshoot him.  With just about every gun too!!!!!

Shadowsabre, don't worry.  I like nice guys.  So do lots of women.  We just tend to be slightly less overt in our attempts to find you.  We are less likely to be perusing the bars.  Stuff like that.  I'd say check out the local range or gun shop, but I know from experience that my kind (meaning female) are few and far between at these locales.  But it WILL happen.  Just ask Matt S.  He took a while to find me.

By the way, there are no pics because neither Matt nor I have any way of scanning them into the computer, let alone the know-how (at least this applies to me) of how to get them onto the internet.  Sorry.  You'll just have to come shootin' with us sometime.  But I am NOT unattractive.

Gotta go.  Making enchiladas for dinner.  Jenn
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 5:01:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't know what Matt S's problem is. He has a woman who cooks and shoots! Hell, my girlfriend's afraid of my guns. I have to say things like "They're here to protect you sugar" to get her to lighten up a little. :) Jeez, some guys don't know how good they have it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 5:39:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Mattja...I'm with you...he's got a girl that likes to shoot and cook. Mine cooks and she likes to shoot but she can't outshoot me!!!!!  

Now a question for Matt S's girlfriend.  Jenn would it bother you if Matt spent lots of money on guns and ar mags as long as he still buys you nice gifts and things???  If you say it doesn't bother you then you are a keeper for him!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 5:51:52 PM EDT
[#15]
there are some good women out there,my wife keeps me in the poor house loading 45's for her 1911, she likes that better than her 357 (preban s&w66)and her 1911 in 38 super.[:x]
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 5:54:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I know I am extremely lucky.  

As for your question jadams951, she loves it when I spend lots of money on guns and mags, because they are nice gifts and things for her.

She is probably one of the coolest women I know. She likes guns, muscle cars, and trucks.

I am extremely proud of her, and maybe a little jealous,....okay a lot jealous of her shooting ability.  But I do realize how lucky I am, and love her dearly.
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 6:36:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Matt's girlfriend again.

You guys crack me up.  I was reading the number of times this thread has been read.  Well over 400.  Were y'all just curious about the post title or were you seriously looking to "buy" the girlfriend?

Just joking.  I appreciate all the comments, but I'm really not all that.  I like to shoot and I'm not too bad at it.  But there's a whole lot I've got to learn.  I still can't see a gun for a split second in a movie and identify it unless it's a glock.  And I still have to ask questions all the time.  That's why I love this board.  I get to learn lots of stuff with way cool people.  Though we could use a few more females on this board, couldn't we?

You guys are the greatest.  Jenn

Oh, yeah.  Forgot to answer the question.  I don't mind if he spends money, even lots of it, on guns and mags.  He doesn't even necessarily have to buy me nice things.  He usually grabs something cool for me at the gunshow when I can't make it.  And he treats me great.  I don't need those nice things.  Besides, I'd rather have the money go to .223 ammo.  [:D]
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 6:40:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey shadowsabre, I just bought one of those today!  Riding season is coming.  What year is yours?

My GF can't outshoot me but she's working on it.  She has a Glock 19, Sig P239 in .40 and a Beretta A390 shotgun.  And she thinks she owns my Mini 14 too.  Maybe I should buy her the SP1 I was fondling at the shop today.  Matt is a lucky man and so am I.
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 6:51:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Matt,
Sounds like you definitely got a keeper there.  Like the others have said, good women who like guns, and can shoot them well, can cook etc. are about as rare as unicorns!  Maybe you ought to buy her her own AR-15 with an engagement ring tied to it.  PS, they are all have a little attitude thing going.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 7:16:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Well, Matt, there you have it. The opinions are in, from Alaska to Texas--Jenn's a winner!!! If I had found her when I lived in Indiana I'd still be there. There are probably 500 guys on this board just waiting for you to slip up...
Seriously, sounds like a great deal for both of you. Congrats.
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 9:27:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Matt S,
You're doing a lot of bragging here, son. When's the wedding? Most guys have something like this beauty you got here early on in their wanderings then they do something stupid and she's gone. Don't screw it up.
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 11:04:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Shadowsabre women are like busses another one comes by every few minutes,enjoy the ride.
Good Luck.
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 5:00:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Hey people......is it me or does this girl sound just a bit too good to be true?????
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 5:53:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Thanks for the replys.
I feel about as tall as a piece of .223 brass right now.
I find it hard to meet eligable women right now in my life, and when one comes along that I share common interests with, well it just made the whole situation harder.
I don't think I'm trying to be too picky or anything like that, its just I get tired of the same old lines popping up.
"Your like a brother to me."
"Your a really nice guy, but I don't feel anything for you."
"Let's just be friends."
And on and on and on.
Nice guys finish last, and I gotta get used to that or change my personality.

Jenn, you are a rare person out there in that big world and Matt has good reason to be happy.
You just don't go to places like you described and meet women. Trust me on this one. I frequent them enough to know. When you find a woman who doesn't go into spastic convulsions when you mention firearms, you know your on the right path.

BTW Chairborne:I don't have a Shadowsabre just yet. Can't decide between that or a ST1100.
Thanks for the nice thought of riding though.
Feeling much better now.

One more thing: If I do ever get a girlfriend that will stick with me, she gets to have the Colt 6520.
How's that for incentive?
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 6:24:16 AM EDT
[#25]
(The following in the voice od Eric Cartman)HEY MATT, I'LL ROCHANBEAUX YOU FOR HER.....

First, I'll kick you squa in the nuts, then you kick me sqau in the nuts, and whoever falls to his knees first loses.   I get to go first....[;)]

Just kidding, you definately got a keeper.

Saleen
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 6:38:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Matt, Sounds she sounds way cool! What`s the catch? Her father want a $125,000 GE Minigun as a dowry? At least she can out shoot you, and keep your ass safe!Bwahaha! Good fortune in the future to both of you.
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 7:44:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Shadowsabre, don't change yourself in the hopes of finding that someone special.  A lot of women need the challenge of fixing something broken, hence the attraction to dirtbags they hope they can change.  There are women out there that appreciate nice guys.  Unfortunately, too often they are the ones that have been knocked around by the dirtbags and they can bring that baggage into the relationship.  You just have to keep looking in the right places.  In my experience I found that mothers with one kid made for the best relationships (if you like children).  If she has a good kid you can bet the mom is pretty good too.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 8:42:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Ok so she's not for sale. Can we borrow a little dna and clone her?[:D]
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 3:56:20 AM EDT
[#29]
I could always USE another girlfriend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top