Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2001 5:22:05 PM EDT
Earthquake Jolts Los Angeles Area

.c The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES (AP) - An earthquake shook the greater Los Angeles area Sunday afternoon, but there were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.

The quake had a preliminary magnitude of 4.2 and was centered about one mile southeast of West Hollywood, said Lucy Jones of the U.S. Geological Survey.

The quake was felt in downtown Los Angeles, where it rolled for about four seconds.

AP-NY-09-09-01 2023EDT
================================================

Good thing I saved my Y2K supplies.[8D]

ASwami
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#1]
You see man ,thats why I get the hell out of there!

Back here in FL. we may get a lil. wind and lil. rain but EARTH!!!!!!!! will never move.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 5:35:15 PM EDT
[#2]
It did not break off and sink?  [:(]

Aviator [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 5:42:17 PM EDT
[#3]
YAWN [|)]. 4.2 is nothing! I didn't even feel it, where I'm at (about 50 miles east of there.)

5.0+ are common place here and everyone just goes about their businness.

6.0+ are where they start to cause some damage to structures.

IIRC the rating is expotential, so going from a 4.2 to a 4.3 is double the force.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 5:48:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm with Aviator...

Only one addition

I want it to break off, BURN and sink.  Hopefully with a loss of all whom wear hemp or can play "hacky-sack"
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 6:00:41 PM EDT
[#6]
They need a good one that kills all the anti-gun people and liberals. Then we can have a HUGE shooting range!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 6:06:48 PM EDT
[#7]
all I can say is: good
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 7:33:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 7:40:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn, why am I always on the freeway when these things hit? I never get to enjoy any of them. [:)]
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 7:44:54 PM EDT
[#10]
With that header, you got all our hopes up for nothing.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't you guys ever learn not to trust the FIRST reports from the newsgroups? You'll find out tomorrow. It was actually someone shooting one of those TERRIBLE, GOOD-FOR-NOTHING, PEOPLE-KILLING  .50 cal. rifles. It went through sixteen counties, 138 houses, 6 volkwagen "Love Bugs", a telephone pole, streetsign, & Diane Feinstien's bluejeans as she was bending over looking for dirt to sling on someone. Yep, bit her right in the.....

You Guns, you bad!!! You Gunnuts, You badder!!!!! Bad! Bad! Bad!Bad! Bad!..........
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 8:14:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm in Monrovia, CA a suburb 10 miles west of L.A., I didn't feel a thing, but my wife felt it. I told her she was crazy, I owe her an apology.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 8:23:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I can feel one everyday. There is a strip mine about a half mile behind my house and every day around 3:00pm they blast. A couple times i've been out hunting grouse and have come within 2-3 hundred yards of the pit, thats when you really feel it, its like a wave that goes under you.
-bricklayer
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 11:14:37 PM EDT
[#14]
quake? what quake ? didnt feel a damn thing, and im like 5 miles from the epicenter

oh wait its a 4.2 ? thats a pu**y-quake, wont even make a glass of water swish.

i do enjoy a good quake, it takes a 6.0 or more for me to even feel it.
only the tourists and east coast people who recently moved here freak out, or the dorks in the skyscraper towers that freak when the building sways ...ITS SUPPOSED YOU IDIOT.
one 4.0 earthquake in NYC would bring down the whole city, as for kalif? we aint going anywhere, no matter how much the anti-kalif people hope and pray for us to break off and slide into the ocean.
if ya think the houses in westcoast kalif are expensive now, stick around for 100 million years and see what they cost when the Island of LA forms.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 11:19:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Unless the whole state fell into the Ocean or Rosi's tubby ass became a victim then of course it's not worth it.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top