Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2001 10:19:35 PM EDT
I saw a used Baretta M1A (BM-62) in a gun store on saturday. It was on consignment, asking price was $1325. Anyone know anything about these rifles? Fit and finnish looked real good. It had a short barrel, somewhere around 18 inches. The magazine in it didn't look like a regular M-14 mag. Will it take standard mags? I've been considering buying a Springfield Armaory M1A Scout rifle, should I buy this Baretta or pass it up?
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 11:33:51 PM EDT
$1325 is a pretty decent price for one of these rifles. Mags are getting harder to find and of course a bit more expensive then regular M14 mags - and no, it won't accept M14 mags. Check the link out for more info; [url]http://www.reesesurplus.com/bm59parts.html[/url]
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 7:50:24 PM EDT
I would pick it up. The price is really good. I would look to see who made the receiver. Whether it was Baretta or Springfield, they will function just right. I think the Baretta receiver is more desireable, becasue its the origional??? Not too sure on that, but I really like the look of these rifles. If you can afford it, I'd get it. Very cool looking and not everyone on the block has one.
Top Top