Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2001 4:18:34 PM EDT
My wife and I are having our 20th anniversary next July and we (and the kids)want to go to the Bahammas.
We have been to Free Port before but this time we're thinking about going to Aruba (sp?).
I'm not sure which hotel to stay at or the cheapest way to book the flights.
As far as hotels go I like real nice ones, but the ones for millionaires don't really do it for me.
Advice on this would really be appreciated, I'm ready to spend the money now.
Thanks.
Andy
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 4:31:40 PM EDT
[#1]
FYI - there has been some "unrest" in Jamaica, and unpleasant crimes against tourists, particularly in outlying areas.

Along with the Phillipines, I would recommend postponing tourism to the Bahamas until things calm down.

You may want to check with the US State Deparartment for travel advisories - try:

http://travel.state.gov/travel_warnings.html

Despite the cautionary nature, happy 20th!  How old are the kids?  The Caribbean is magical for an early teen.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 9:00:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Forget the islands, go to Marco Island, Fl. Lots of things to do and no problems with the local folk!!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 9:47:26 PM EDT
[#3]
A travel agent pointed something out to me once.

If you are going to a vacation destination (Aruba, etc.) check to see how many airlines service that destination.  For a lot of the smaller islands, only one airline flies there.  You will pay an arm and a leg to get there if there is no competetion.

AFARR
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 9:49:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Being on the west coast you could do Hawaii on the cheap.  Sun, sand, ocean, it is all the same.  Just a suggestion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top