Who sells a good parts kit? Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 12:45:33 PM EDT
just thumb through a copy of the shotgun news
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 1:03:30 PM EDT
thanks po89mm
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 1:54:37 PM EDT
believe it or not century
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 4:54:54 PM EDT
Who sells the best kit for the money?? has anyone recently bought a kit that [b]wasn't[/b] made up of worn out parts. Where is the best place to buy a stock set? OSA
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 5:40:47 PM EDT
I spoke with someone at [url]http://www.whatacountry.com/[/url] yesterday & he said their kits were in very good condition & that the throat erosion in the barrels were guaged at 2. The down side was that the parts were a mix of USGI, Berreta & Danish. I also spoke with Century yesterday & was told that their kits were mostly Springfield parts and the condition was also very good. When I asked about the throat erosion he stuttered out a "between 6 & 9". I don't call that very good. When I questioned the "very good condition kit with a TE guage from 6 to 9" he said the kits with TE guage 2 or 3 were sold long ago. Neither place were willing to specifically search for a very, very good condition kit with most or all Springfield parts, which is what I was looking for. Just my $.02 worth. ColtShorty GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:09:58 PM EDT
Is there anything wrong with Berreta parts? I am not looking for a collector items as much as a good shooter. I see Wholesale Guns n Ammo has kits for $169.95 advert in shotgun news. Sarco has 2 grades of kits, one of them is refinished. They also have 1950/60's production barrels for $95.00 (breech bore gauged 1 thru 3). OSA
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:19:44 PM EDT
A complete stock set can be purchased through the Sportsman's Guide. www.sportsmansguide.com, search on 'Garand'.
Top Top