Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/7/2001 8:53:55 PM EDT
Need some info tonight if possible. I'm going to a gun show tomorrow in STL, and I am thinking of selling some guns.[:(] So I've only lived here a month, and don't know all the laws. What does it take to privately sell a gun (handguns too) to someone in the state of MO? Is there that 'gunshow loop-hole' closure BS here? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 9:30:29 PM EDT
BTT, cause I need the money!
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 9:36:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2001 9:37:54 PM EDT by ron97ws6]
Originally Posted By HKocher: Need some info tonight if possible. I'm going to a gun show tomorrow in STL, and I am thinking of selling some guns.[:(] So I've only lived here a month, and don't know all the laws. What does it take to privately sell a gun (handguns too) to someone in the state of MO? Is there that 'gunshow loop-hole' closure BS here? Thanks in advance.
View Quote
Welcome to Missouri Going to the Machinist Hall tomorrow? Anyway, there are no specific laws concerning the sale of *long guns* from a private collection between individuals. There is no permit requirement for rifles or shotguns. [b]**It is a class A misdemeanor to sell, rent, lease, loan, or otherwise transfer a handgun without the buyer first obtaining a “permit to acquire a concealable firearm” from the sheriff of the county where the buyer lives. It is also a class A misdemeanor for the buyer.**[/b] Permits must be acquired even when buying handguns from a private party. Do not take the gun to the sheriff’s office, it may be confiscated. [i]As always, keep a *very* low profile. The gun show promoter wants sellers to rent table space.[/i] He is in a business, and you are not giving him his cut. You are a 'rogue' seller so-to-speak.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 9:39:44 PM EDT
I will be at the Machinist Hall in STL tomorrow. Will have my Armalite AR10A4B with me. Just wondering what I can get for it . . . .
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 9:45:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2001 9:47:15 PM EDT by HKocher]
Yup, I'm going, I'm debating what to sell, but maybe my Springfield TRP or a HK91. So is there a background check on private sales at a gunshow? CO started doing that crap to close the 'loop-hole' as they say. Really put a hurt on the gunshow circuit. As far as the low profile thing, carrying a gun or two is okay, but carry 10 guns and an advertisement on your back is not okay, right??? Thanks again for the help.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 10:04:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2001 10:05:08 PM EDT by ron97ws6]
Originally Posted By HKocher: Yup, I'm going, I'm debating what to sell, but maybe my Springfield TRP or a HK91.
View Quote
Tell me 'bout the HK91. How much trouble would it be to make it into an SR9TC? [;)]
So is there a background check on private sales at a gunshow?
View Quote
No, not for *long guns.* But make sure you read the part I posted on handguns!
As far as the low profile thing, carrying a gun or two is okay, but carry 10 guns and an advertisement on your back is not okay, right???
View Quote
One yes, you can tell the ppl @ the desk you're gonna buy parts for it, if they ask. Two or more?? You [i]could[/i] be pressing your luck. BTW, Why R you selling?
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 10:05:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 10:12:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DK-Prof: Which one is the machinists' hall - is that the one just over the river in St. Charles? It's been a while and I need to pick up some ammo (and of course have some nuts or beef jerky)
View Quote
12365 St. Charles Rock Road - St. Louis County, Missouri. 1 Mile EAST of Hwy 270 Not a really good show for ammo. One of the smaller ones in the area. I would not be going, 'cept that I wanna see what I could get for my AR10.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 10:17:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 11:20:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2001 11:21:46 PM EDT by HKocher]
Originally Posted By ron97ws6: Not a really good show for ammo. One of the smaller ones in the area. I would not be going, 'cept that I wanna see what I could get for my AR10.
View Quote
So what are the bigger shows in the area? For a SR9TC, you need a PSG1 trigger pack and housing, and adj grip about $600. Plus a PSG1 stock, about $500. You'd want to keep the 91 forearm because it accepts bipods, unlike the SR9. Plus of course what ever optics you choose. So you have a SR9TC, except for the bbl. The SR9s comes with the polygonal bbl and no flash hider. Rebarrelling an HK costs a bit of $$$. The more I look at my HK91, I don't think I'm going to sell it after all!
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 5:00:48 AM EDT
Originally Posted By HKocher: So what are the bigger shows in the area?
View Quote
The St. Louis Metro area gun shows are lame. Ya gotta cross a river to see a decent show. St Charles has a good one at an Expo center across from the new Bass Pro Shops. Collinsville and Belleville Ill. have better shows. No, I don't have a show calendar! [:)]
Top Top