Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2001 8:23:17 PM EDT
I took my new Remington 700VLS (.308, heavy 26" barrel) out last weekend. Even I can shoot this gun well! The best group was 1 3/16 inches at 100 yards. Most were in the 2-3 inch category with one major problem, they all strung out horizontally. I'm left handed and they all went right to left. I'm pretty sure I'm jerking the trigger and that is a problem I've had forever. I plan to get some snap caps and work on trigger control but does anyone have any ideas to help.

I seem to do better with 2 stage triggers. When it's a single stage I think I start to squeeze and when the aim looks the best I snap the trigger.

When I try to squeeze all the way through it seems like the gun starts pointing all over and I give up and snap it when it looks best.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 8:39:37 PM EDT
[#1]
sounds like you got one of them bolt action machine gun assault rifles that sprays bullets everwhere. please turn it in to your local P.D. you'd be doing it for the children[}:D]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 8:42:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

When I try to squeeze all the way through it seems like the gun starts pointing all over
View Quote

This sounds like you may be
tightening
your grip
causing your
hand to shake
or you are getting
tremors from lack of O2.

Link Posted: 9/7/2001 9:39:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Install a lighter trigger designed by shooters not gun company lawyers.  Even if it doesn't help your groups it'll make the gun easier to shoot well.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 10:08:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 10:29:35 AM EDT
[#6]
You might be dragging wood (your trigger finger is touching the stock as you pull the trigger)

Look in here (snipercountry) under shooting skills.

http://www.snipercountry.com/hottips/HotCold.htm

also there is a bit in there about adjusting the 700 trigger.

Ron
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top