Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2001 6:32:48 PM EDT
Whoa! If you believe he's just a good guitar player, you haven't heard Ted Nugent speak!

Listen to and support this guy!  He's great!

DaMan

Link Posted: 9/6/2001 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Ted is one of the sharpest guys around, and a lot of it is due to the fact that he is VERY anti-drug, and has always kept himself unbelievably fit. In the 70s, a guy I knew back then who had worked on his road crew said Ted canned people if he even suspected them of doing dope, and that Ted's only request item from promoters and hoteliers on the road was: lotsa soap!

Clean thoughts, clear head. Unfortunately, he'll never get a fair shake in the media- they only latch onto his opinions about immigration, or at least, their versions of his opinions...
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:01:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, whatever.  Don't mention all the womanzing, huh?  He also beats up on street vendors selling t-shirts with his mug on them--and steals their merchandise!  Helluva guy.  Would never go off half-cocked on bad information or anything like that.  Frankly, as a gun owner, I don't want the guy representing me.  He's more level-headed than most rock stars though, but is just another guy offering an opinion about a lot of things he may or may not know anything about.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm glad he is anti-drug...but someone ought to take a urine sample from his drummer.

GOOD LORD that guy is ugly, and looks 30 years past his age!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:24:16 PM EDT
[#4]
He also beats up on street vendors selling t-shirts with his mug on them--and steals their merchandise!  Helluva guy.
View Quote

Well, they're selling counterfit merchandise and using his name  / image to do it.I'm sure the legal penalties are a little bit higher than just having ted take away the illegal stuff. How does ted know it's illegal? Because he would have to authorize anything that isn't.

And can you point to any information stating that ted has beaten up any of these little thieves, or is the phrase 'beat on' just used to make him look bad?
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:37:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Speaking of THE NUGE, who is going to his concert at Nissan Pavilion tomorrow night at 1800?  O yeah, that would be me!  Lynyrd Skynyrd and Ted Nugent, and I have seats in the 8th row.  I think Ill be packing my ear plugs. [:)]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 8:51:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm glad he is anti-drug...but someone ought to take a urine sample from his drummer.

GOOD LORD that guy is ugly, and looks 30 years past his age!!!
View Quote

His name is Tommy Aldridge, and he is (IMNSHO) one of the greatest drummers of all time.  Of course, I should include a disclaimer, because I'm related to him.  I've seen him play about (wild guess) 40 times, including when he played with Ozzy and Randy Rhoads.  Yes, I got to meet both of them!  Ozzy looks scary on TV, and that is nothing compared to how FREAKY he looks in person.

30 years past his prime?  I think he hit his peak with Whitesnake about 14 years ago.  I think I was 22 when he was born, so that would make him about 51 now.

Urine sample?  As far as I know, that isn't the case.  I believe that it is quite the opposite.  From what I've seen and heard (more heard, I haven't seen him in over a year when he and Nugent opened for KISS), he doesn't even associate himself with anyone that does drugs.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 7:13:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Speaking of THE NUGE, who is going to his concert at Nissan Pavilion tomorrow night at 1800?  O yeah, that would be me!  Lynyrd Skynyrd and Ted Nugent, and I have seats in the 8th row.  I think Ill be packing my ear plugs. [:)]
View Quote

On the subject of Lynyrd Skynyrd, I have been listening to the song 'Saturday Night Special', by the original group.  It sounds an awful lot like an anti-gun song with lines like 'handguns are made for killing, ain't no good for nothing else'.  Was the original group anti?  I have been told that this is not the case, as Ronnie had lot's of guns, but just wondering.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 7:24:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

On the subject of Lynyrd Skynyrd, I have been listening to the song 'Saturday Night Special', by the original group.  It sounds an awful lot like an anti-gun song with lines like 'handguns are made for killing, ain't no good for nothing else'.  Was the original group anti?  I have been told that this is not the case, as Ronnie had lot's of guns, but just wondering.
View Quote

Just because someone owns "a lot" of guns doesn't make them pro-gun. To some of these rich bastages their just "toys." 'Outlaw them? Oh, okay, whatever.'

That song very defiantly sounds anti to me.

That song and "Freebird" are the two I really, really, really hate. I'll turn the station to anything else before I listen to those two songs. [puke]
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 8:11:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have thought the EXACT same thing.  I am really going to see Nugent, but I still like Skynyrd.  Although it is more like seeing a tribute band, it is just not the real thing anymore.  Should still be a bad a$$ concert though!

Link Posted: 9/7/2001 8:24:37 AM EDT
[#10]
I listened to him on a interview with Alex Jones yesterday. He is a true patriot to gun rights. Check out his website [url]www.tednugent.com[/url]. We need to get the balls to stand up and be more like him.

[img]http://www.umop.com/images/plane.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 9:13:04 AM EDT
[#11]
I heard Nuge on Alex`s show last night too.
I always get super inspired every time I hear Ted talk. He knows his stuff and isn`t afraid to tell you like it is.

And as far as him speaking for me, as a gun owner(allegedly) I think his views are very close to mine. So rock on brother Ted. And if he wants to break bad on some counterfeiter stealing money from him and his band, oh well, don't steal from people and you wont get beat up. Very simplistic, but true nevertheless.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 9:14:19 AM EDT
[#12]
trickshot, I don't know where you got your story about Ted's "womanizing".  I've always heard that he was a dedicated family man.  Did this "womanizing" occur before or after he got married?

As for Ted not knowing what he's talking about...... I'd recommend you get his book and see for yourself if he knows what he's talking about!

DaMan

PS - cviper, I agree 100% with your post.  Don't steal from Ted and you won't get your ass whupped!  Sometimes you have to stand up when people rip you off!

Link Posted: 9/7/2001 9:15:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

DUDE! I will be right behind you! 13rows back IIRC. I wish I could get Ted to sign one of my guns [:D]
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 9:19:50 AM EDT
[#14]
DaMan, I've heard Ted talk about his womanizing many times, while all the other rock stars were boozing and doing drugs, Ted was was hunting the kitty, before, during and after marriages.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 9:42:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Hellraiser, I don't consider chasing "putang" a charachter weakness, if single!  In fact I'd say more power to him!

However, I don't approve of that "sport" when you have a wife and family.

You're sure he said he did this after married?

DaMan

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top