Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/6/2001 4:35:26 PM EDT
Ok, so there is another standoff between some tool that was involved in a car chase on the 5 freeway. So they report on the local news, "Swat has armored cars and sharp shooters surrounding the suspect." Why the hell is it that any LEO sniper is referred to as a "sharp shooter", but any time there is a suspected bad guy with a rifle he is a sniper? I know that most of us here realize that the media are a buncha double standard, scare tactic throwing, anti-gun liberal pole smokers. But this is getting so damn old, what can we do? Sorry for the rant, but after the standoff a few days ago and now this, my limit for tolerating absolute stupidity has been exceeded.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 4:52:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SexualChocolate: ...Why the hell is it that any LEO sniper is referred to as a "sharp shooter", but any time there is a suspected bad guy with a rifle he is a sniper?...
View Quote
The same reason someone who commits shoots at people is a "gunman" and all other people who attack others are "assailants". The same reason someone who is shot to death is a "shooting victim" and all others who are murdered are simply "slain", or that someone who commits mass murder has gone on a "shooting spree" whereas someone who uses a hammer to kill his family has committed a "massacre". The same reason that anyone who is arrested and found to have more than two guns is reported as having an "arsenal", or that someone with more than a brick of .22 ammo has "thousands of rounds of ammunition".
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:37:41 PM EDT
Media shocking, hysteria addicting, MTV wannabe, Libralvision.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 11:25:47 PM EDT
When the LAPD was being issued M16's (ya they had the semi-only limiter installed but they still are M16's) the media was calling them "semi-automatic rifles" instead of "assault rifles". It is called newspeak.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 12:05:29 AM EDT
Just another reason in a long list of reasons, that 'come the revolution' the Fourth and Fifth Estates will be right behind the federal judiciary in line at the Wall. Eric The('Paradon!')Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 1:07:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 1:11:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2001 1:12:16 AM EDT by Ulysse_Nardin_1846]
Originally Posted By osprey21: You are getting sleepy...very, Very Sleepy..... [red][size=5]KILL YOUR TV[/size=5][/red]
View Quote
I have seen the light. No more of that "truth" crap. I'll send SexualChocolate some slugs. -------------- For the children. UN1846
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 1:14:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2001 1:14:14 AM EDT by a2car]
"what can we do?" Not that much really, stick with Fox like I do and it's not as bad.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 2:52:02 AM EDT
You don't have to kill your TV, just don't watch the damn network news. I only watch Discovery network channels (we get about 10 of them on our satellite) and HBO.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 3:47:27 AM EDT
Lose the TV. If you want to look at a toilet, go into the bathroom, instead. I was a a reflex liberal until our TV broke, and I didn't get my daily "feed" of disinformation from the media in all forms (news, sitcoms, commercials, dramas, PBS) It's all very subtle, but they really do work on your psyche with out you really understanding it. (designed to turn you into a pliant, uncritical consumer...) Go cold turkey- absolutely NO TV in the house for six months- your outlook on the world WILL change, because you'll be thinking for yourself, and not unwittingly spouting the editorial policy of CBS, etc. Free your mind, and your ass will follow. - --GEORGE CLINTON
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 4:36:50 AM EDT
Ahhhh, you guys do good for my soul!!!!!! Great thread and posts - keep it going.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 6:39:47 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 11:51:51 AM EDT
I AM GROSS AND PERVERTED I'M OBSESSED 'N DERANGED I HAVE EXISTED FOR YEARS BUT VERY LITTLE HAD CHANGED I AM THE TOOL OF THE GOVERNMENT AND INDUSTRY TOO FOR I AM DESTINED TO RULE AND REGULATE YOU I MAY BE VILE AND PERNICIOUS BUT YOU CAN'T LOOK AWAY I MAKE YOU THINK I'M DELICIOUS WITH THE STUFF THAT I SAY I AM THE BEST YOU CAN GET HAVE YOU GUESSED ME YET? I AM THE SLIME OOZIN' OUT FROM YOUR TV SET YOU WILL OBEY ME WHILE I LEAD YOU AND EAT THE GARBAGE THAT I FEED YOU UNTIL THE DAY THAT WE DON'T NEED YOU DON'T GOT FOR HELP...NO ONE WILL HEED YOU YOUR MIND IS TOTALLY CONTROLLED IT HAS BEEN STUFFED INTO MY MOLD AND YOU WILL DO AS YOU ARE TOLD UNTIL THE RIGHTS TO YOU ARE SOLD THAT'S RIGHT, FOLKS.. DON'T TOUCH THAT DIAL WELL, I AM THE SLIME FROM YOUR VIDEO OOZIN' ALONG ON YOUR LIVIN'ROOM FLOOR I AM THE SLIME FROM YOUR VIDEO CAN'T STOP THE SLIME, PEOPLE, LOOKIT ME GO [img]http://members.ozemail.com.au/~tamer/zappa.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 5:13:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 5:45:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2001 6:01:46 AM EDT by 95thFoot]
Originally Posted By osprey21: Well Said Frank !
View Quote
IRONY DEPT: Wasn't Frank's tune the theme song for the Jay Leno show for quite a while? Jay is not exactly subversive, but rather, just a corporate shill like everybody else on TV. Otherwise, they wouldn't let him ON TV....Again, the revolution will be co-opted. Remember, "Yankee Doodle" started off as a British song deriding the Colonials.... And of course, FZ' stuff came out on Verve, then on Reprise and other divisions of Warner Bros. records, now part of AOL Time-Warner, who are led by Gerald Levin, Steve Case, and a lot of other people who know better than we... and all say, give up your guns. And contribute MIGHTILY with your dollars to that end! So, much as I am a big fan of FZ, every time I were to plunk down some shekels for his albums, then for CDs I would be financing my own disarmament, in some small way. I used to think pop music was subversive, and part of a hidden code among young people to revolt and overturn the Establishment, but I realised that the main aims of groups and acts were signing and fullfilling lucrative record company contracts and extracting money from their consumers, i.e., fans. None of them were turning over all the money they made to their pet causes, just enough to look like they were concerned, and usually to left-wing causes (environmentalism, liberal candidates, "social justice", etc.) that endear themselves to idealistic young white middle class teenagers, filled with guilt about growing up having it so good. I now listen with a very critical ear to anything coming out of the media entertainment complex, until it is proven otherwise. If it is not a cynical, well-programmed attempt to separate you from your wallet, then it is a veiled attempt to get you to give money to and support causes you normally would run from. "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs...There's also a negative side." -- Hunter S. Thompson "In the United States, the difficultities are not a Minotaur or a dragon, not imprisonment, hard labor, death, government harassment and censorship, but cupidity, sloppiness, indifference. Not the acts of a mighty all-pervasive government, but the failure of a listless public to make use of the freedom that is its birthright." --Alexander Solzhenitzyn
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 6:51:35 AM EDT
[img]http://www.frenchu.com/tpg/pix/enemy.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 11:42:12 AM EDT
I was a reflex liberal until our TV broke, I was a reflex liberal 'til I bought a gun. I used to listen NPR (National Peoples Radio) every morning, now I just tune in to monitor their propaganda.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 12:14:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2001 12:16:05 PM EDT by 95thFoot]
Originally Posted By 95th Foot, then ludwig: I was a reflex liberal until our TV broke, I was a reflex liberal 'til I bought a gun. I used to listen NPR (National Peoples Radio) every morning, now I just tune in to monitor their propaganda.
View Quote
Same here. And monitoring is the word. What a perversion of the English language I hear on those stations! As I said, I was a liberal who became a reenactor a few years ago, then they tried putting a trigger lock on Capt Parker's musket at the State House in Boston (Capt. of Minute men, Apr.1775) because of the new gun laws in MA. I was disgusted. I looked at what the rest of the law said, saw that the world I had hitherto accepted was not what it seemed, and became a gun owner then, as did a lot of other reenactors. The gun laws of 1998 in MA woke up a lot of people, incl. me. Welcome to the Jungle, as somebody said to me, when I bought my first gun. Symbology Dept.: I used to have Audubon, NEA and NPR (WBUR-FM, WGBH, etc.) stickers on my car. I ripped them all off, and have RKBA on it. That says it all. That sticker won't come off. Lost some friends as a result of my waking up, but gained some insight into myself, our disinforming media-entertainment complex, and our diminishing freedoms. Don't believe the hype! - --PUBLIC ENEMY
Top Top