Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2001 4:13:06 PM EDT
Completed the written test last week and today it was the driving test, passed with flying colours and took my BMW for a quick run.

Have to get to know my car, have been driving an Audi A3 in the school.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 4:21:45 PM EDT
[#1]
How old do you have to be to get a drivers license?
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 4:23:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Congratulations, Tuukka.  Drive safely!
[bounce]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 4:23:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I think your actual question is "How old do you have to be to be on this board?" The answer is obviously "not very". hehehehe
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 4:29:39 PM EDT
[#4]
The Finnish laws requires 18 years, i understand it is 16 there.

My driving style is calm and considerate according to the person who received my test.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 4:30:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Everyone should buy American!

Even Finns!
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 4:39:36 PM EDT
[#6]
You mean cars Stubbs. I have never been interested in cars so much as weapons. But now, i have developed a Mustang fever, it doesn´t help that my work friend/boss is thinking about a certain Mustang Fastback.

Just watched Gone In Sixty Seconds, did not help either. Mustangs made to look like a Shelby Mustang 67.

[img]http://www.carmemories.com/images/dbimages/479.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 4:42:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool Tuukka!!!Drive Safetly and watch out for the Police. What kind of BMW is it? I currently am driving and restoring/modifying an '88 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 [}:D]

Lethal[heavy]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 4:45:49 PM EDT
[#8]
It is an old 518 from 84, has a steering wheel, three pedals and a stick to switch gears, all this guy needs for the time being.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 4:48:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Ya, my first car was a P.O.S. '87 Nissan Sentra that had no get up and go but was just what I needed to learn how to drive(and how not to drive) plus learn a 5-speed.

Lethal[heavy]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:49:44 PM EDT
[#10]
You're only 18 and you have all those guns? Bastard! When I was 18 all I had was my AR15. As a matter of fact, that's all I have to this day. [:(][>(]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 9:15:36 PM EDT
[#11]
My first car was a diarria/rust brown colored 72 Olds Omega with 350 V8 with 150,000 miles on it.  I got it when I was 14 for $500 and it even had 4 new tires.  I had to have my dad drive it home since I didn't even have learner's permit and it sat in the drive way for 3 months until I turned 15 and got learner's permit (I did drive it around the block few times at night when my parents were out [:D]).  After I turned 15 I drove every chance I got with my dad.  Had that car for 7 years and another 80,000 miles.  Everytime I went anywhere in that car it was an adventure because I never new if I would make it.  Kept all my tools, some water and oil in the trunk just in case I had problem on the road (which it frequently did).  I sold that car for $500 with 4 bald tires.  Good memories.      
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 9:51:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Congrats Tuukka!

Like the others said - just take it easy and drive safe. I remember when I got my license; had more minor fender benders and accidents in that first year than I care to think about.

BTW - I'd pass on the Mustang and get something with a pedestal mount in the back. [:)]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 10:35:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh just great, another driver on the road.  [:D]

Take my parking spot and I'll have to put superglue in your doorlocks.

Seriously, Congrats!  It's very nice to be "mobile".  Woo Hoo!

PS.  Don't drink and drive.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 10:44:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 10:55:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Congradulations! Driving is serious business.  Here in the U.S. I am more afraid of my children getting hurt in a traffic collision, than guns & knives. There are a lot of terrible drivers on the roads.  I try to impress my children that handling car and a gun carries the same responsibilities.  It can injure or kill is you are not careful.  Drive safely.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 11:20:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Don't go slow[:(!]

I drive an all black Chevy S-10 (with FlowMasters[):)]) if you look back and see me just move right.[}:D]

Link Posted: 9/7/2001 12:18:20 AM EDT
[#17]
You were driving the A3 in school?

Was that the badass turbo hatchback?
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 3:48:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Here´s the beauty i have been driving, diesel with turbo.

[img]http://www.website.fi/mikko/images/big/audi.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 6:14:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Here´s the beauty i have been driving, diesel with turbo.

[img]http://www.website.fi/mikko/images/big/audi.jpg[/img]
View Quote

Looks pretty damm good.

Only thing it needs is the Audi "ring" graphics on the side.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top