Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2001 2:26:27 PM EDT
[url]www.wsvn.com/extra/entertainment/box1/[/url]

Posted: September 6, 2001 06:02 PM
(WSVN, JUST ONE STATION) Talk show host Rosie O'Donnell is being sued by former members of her security staff.

They claim she spied on them and illegally recorded their conversations at her South Florida mansion.

Although she doesn't live down here all the time...Rosie O'Donnell is part of the South Florida celebrity scene.

And now like many celebs before her, she finds herself on the wrong end of a lawsuit.

Rosie O'Donnell is a superstar. But she's lost three of her fans.

Chris Delia, Steve Rubio and Ted Van Rijan have filed a lawsuit against Rosie and two security firms.

They say while working security at her star island home - their conversations were illegally recorded by a device hidden in smoke detector.

All had worked for her for years and say they felt close to the star and her four children.

Steve Rubio, Security Guard said, "We developed a bond with the kids you know, we were the male figures, the dominate male figures in their lives pretty much."

But the men say any feeling of family evaporated when they were fired after they complained about the hidden recordings.

Steve Rubio, Security Guard said, "It's especially hurtful because you basically feel betrayed."

They say if she had apologized , they wouldn't have filed a lawsuit. Instead Steve says he got a phone call from an irate Rosie.

Steve Rubio, Security Guard said, "And she was just yelling and screaming and cursing at me and you know it was - I was shocked to the point I couldn't even respond to her except to say I think it's probably best to speak, you know, to our attorney."

All three men are private investigators and say they understand a star's need for privacy.

They suspect they were recorded because Rosie was concerned about leaks to the media about her private life.

Its something they say they never did.

Steve Rubio, Security Guard said, "Absolutely. And could you look Rosie in the eye and say - absolutely and she should know better - she should know that."

But their lawyer says it was Rosie who violated their privacy.

Russell Adler, Attorney says, "My clients protected Rosie's family and their privacy and that was very important to them to do that - and Rosie didn't protect theirs."

Steve Rubio, Security Guard said, "We would never betray her the way she betrayed us - we would never do that."

Expect Rosie O'Donnell to challenge that. she wasn't talking about the lawsuit - but her publicist denies any wrongdoing and says Rosie looks forward to defending herself in court.

(Copyright 2001 Sunbeam Television Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Link Posted: 9/6/2001 2:55:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a sh8tty day so please forgive me for calling her a fat,ugly,Bull Dyke bitch, man wannabe. normally I would never feel this way.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 3:09:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I started to use the old cliche "Sue the pants off of her!!!"  But damn!!!  That would be a scary sight and turns my stomach just thinking of that fat b!tch with no pants on!!!  Eeeeewwwww!!! [puke][puke]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 4:23:58 PM EDT
[#3]
BaaaaHAHAHAHAHA!
The "male" figure in the house? Rosie probably has a bigger strap-on than those three guys put together.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 4:24:51 PM EDT
[#4]
She has four kids?  WTF who the hell let's her collect them like puppies?
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 4:39:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I had a sh8tty day so please forgive me for calling her a fat,ugly,Bull Dyke bitch, man wannabe. normally I would never feel this way.
View Quote

Hey, that's my new boss you're talking about!
Several AR15.cult members as her security guards? It [i]could[/i] work.

Any volunteers? [:D]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:03:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top