Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2001 1:56:18 AM EDT
[url]http://www.washtimes.com/national/20010906-16891927.htm[/url]
China's official military newspaper, Liberation Army Daily, stated in a Feb. 28, 2000, article that it would launch "a long distance strike" on the United States if Washington backed Taiwan in a conflict with China.
View Quote

I would like to shove this article up their ass.  Maybe telling strangers in line at the store that they are supporting slavery and that they are commie lovers is too much [rolleyes], but WTF do you have to do to get stupid Americans to realize that we are funding their military buildup?[:(!]

Link Posted: 9/6/2001 2:14:25 AM EDT
[#1]
It's all talk and they can't afford to bomb us and lose billions in trade dollars.  Billions that finance their war machine.

I would be more concerned about rogue nations from the former USSR.  And the UN.

--------------
For the children.
UN1846
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 2:56:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Congress rewarded China on May 24, 2000 with Permanent Most Favored Nation Trade Status even after they threatened to nuke the west coast and stole U.S. nuclear secrets. It is ok because even klinton referred to the country as "the former communist nation of China".
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 3:19:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.washtimes.com/national/20010906-16891927.htm[/url]
China's official military newspaper, Liberation Army Daily, stated in a Feb. 28, 2000, article that it would launch "a long distance strike" on the United States if Washington backed Taiwan in a conflict with China.
View Quote

I would like to shove this article up their ass.  Maybe telling strangers in line at the store that they are supporting slavery and that they are commie lovers is too much [rolleyes], but WTF do you have to do to get stupid Americans to realize that we are funding their military buildup?[:(!]

View Quote

If you show somnolent, smug middle-class Americans the article, and they see that it's from the Wash. Times, they'll say, "That right wing rag? I don't buy that biased crap.  (Like, the Wash. Post isn't biased?....) Leave me alone, so I can watch the ball game on TV. Hey- where's the brewskis?"

By the time the Sheeple figure out what's up, it will be too late. Our fates will be so financially tied up with the ChiComs, everybody will rationalise and say it's OK to censor the press in China, Tien-an m'en will be a distant memory, and Taiwan will be viewed as a stumbling block to world peace.

Oh, yeah- this has all happened already. The ChiComs won, we lost. Been to Walmart lately? It's basically a storefront for the export companies of the People's Liberation Army.

Never mind.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 3:53:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I think I'm going to move UP THE JET STREAM a couple hundred miles from the major metropolis I'm in right now.

Fallout can just ruin your day.

I miss the cold war. Looks like there is another one starting.

_FS
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:12:22 AM EDT
[#5]
They talk the talk, but they don't walk the walk.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 6:33:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Majic:

Just because you are paranoid DOES NOT MEAN that that aren't really out to get you.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:06:08 AM EDT
[#7]
You're not paranoid, Magic.

I think an armed confrontation with China is inevitable.

The situation is too similar to pre-WWW2 Japan; in order to make a buck, we contributed to their economic and military buildup and then got nervous when they started  flexing their new muscles and started making territorial claims.

We will be dragged in when China invades Russian Siberia (i.e. "Northern Resource Area") in the next 10-15 years.

Don't we ever learn?
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:06:24 AM EDT
[#8]
[img]http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Sep/2001967329098539712257.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:11:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 11:07:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Imbroglio, that's "permanent normal trade relations" (PNTR).

How does this differ from "most favored" status?  

Well, "most favored" status would allow the PRC to dump their crap on US consumers in exchange for hard currency that they will use to build up their military.

PNTR, on the other hand, ONLY allows the PRC to dump their crap on US consumers in exchange for hard currency that they use to build up their military.

See the difference? ....... I don't either!

PNTR was an easier "bill of goods" to sell the American public than MFTR!

No, Magic, you are correct! But most Americans are too damn stupid to understand even IF you explain it to them VERY SLOWLY!

DaMan

PS - Just tell them....."All your base are belong to us"!
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 11:18:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We will be dragged in when China invades Russian Siberia (i.e. "Northern Resource Area") in the next 10-15 years.
View Quote

Sounds like someone's been reading Tom Clancy's "The Bear and the Dragon."  he he

Actually a good book, and very realistic.  I think China will flex their muscles over the Asian islands and Korea first.

The problem with Siberia is that China does not have the technology or know-how to exploit those resources...in fact, it is so costly that little is even being done now by Capitalist corporations.  It will be a long time before this happens....
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 12:43:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Klinton gave them the technology to build the DF-31 and DF-41.  Before Klinton, China's missles were 25% reliable, today they work very well.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#13]
The only time we will be able to stop being paranoid about china, is after we come to our senses, and launch a premptive strike. If we don't act soon they will loose the ablity to destroy all there long ranged weapons in the first wave, and then they will be able to retaliate. Nuke'em...it's the only way to be sure [:D]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 1:28:08 PM EDT
[#14]
These are the DELIVERY SYSTEMS the PRC has NOW!

[url]http://www.softwar.net/dongfeng.html[/url]

The warhead secrets that "slipped out" (handed over) during Klinton's reign will make you puke!

DaMan
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:10:25 PM EDT
[#15]
5 years ago they had unreliable missles that might reach 500 miles.
Now it is being widely reported that they have 20+ ICBMs.

Thanks slick.

Anyone notice simillarities between this and the X-File aliens and the Infiltration of our society, and the Certain Government Oficials
hiding out while selling out the rest of the population.

Think about it for a moment.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:17:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:28:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't know if its a foregone conclusion that war with China is inevitable. Personnally I believe that the USA will destroy itself from within BEFORE Armageddon. In the Book of Revelation the advance of first the Russian army and then the Chinese is predicted. Where is the great friend The USA? If we were able to lift our heads we would never allow our fabulous friends the jews to suffer any harm, no matter how well deserved. Somehow we must be rendered impotent.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:37:43 PM EDT
[#18]
My understanding is China has only 20
ICBM's. We would blow them offthe map
with a counter strike. Who would buy
their shit if they pissed us off.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:54:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Magic, You'er not the only one, Ronald Reagan made it look so easy people don't think about how bad the commies really are.

The article you talked about is in no way the only one that says China would welcome a war with us, hell the even gave CNN a time frame of 2 to 3 years.(that was a year ago)

Bill Clinton let them buy American made air planes and they have outfits in Cal.,Pannama and the Bahamas (people think Cuba is close the Bahamas are 40 mins by air)

If they hit Cintcomm in Tampa it will take up to 15 mins to go online somewhere eles and by then we may miss our window and they could shell FL,Ga,Miss,Al,NC-SC and may be even DC with out a prob.

Tell them that and see if China is a big deal to them now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top