Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2001 12:12:21 PM EDT
Does anyone own the goggles companies frequently advertise for around $350; like in CheaperThatDirt and others?

Worth the cash?
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 7:03:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes and no.

Unless you've got an extra IR illuminator or two they're worse than the naked eye.  Might be useful for playing hide the IR lightstick or possibly driving with IR filters but that's about it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 9:12:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a "Patriot Night Scope" from C.Crane for $800 that came with a little LED  IR unit. I tried it for  a week in a wooded area with partial moonlight and house lights 100yds away. The unit never worked well for me either in total dark or towards the lights. The best I could do was aim the IR at my feet and see the outline of those (they are 13EE after all). C.Crane the scope back with no questions asked and refunded the entire amount - no restocking fee! I'm still shopping around for something better.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 9:28:21 AM EDT
[#3]
This is a good place for cheap prices [url]www.aimdiscount.com[/url]

I picked up one of these last year [url]www.aimdiscount.com/AMTstormblk.html[/url]
[img]www.aimdiscount.com/AMTstormblk.jpg[/img]

While it isn't a set of goggles, it works ok.  With a full moon, I can see quite well.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top