Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2001 9:58:51 AM EDT
I cant get my new 3D card to work as the only display device for my pc..If I remove the old driver apon start up the computer automaticlly sences it and reinstalls it so my display options show 2 monitors and it wont let me make the 3D card the primary display adaptor ...OK you PC gurus out there help please.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 10:14:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Go into the BIOS of the machine.  (This should be the delete key or F10 or something as the machine boots up)  Look it up in the manual or watch for a message on screen as the machine boots up.  Once into the BIOS turn off or disable the onboard video controller.  Boot back up into windows and remove the driver. It should stay gone this time.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 10:21:45 AM EDT
[#2]
smooth....if it dosent work does anyone no where I can get free tech support over the phone or through email?
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 12:38:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd try where you bought the card or PC
Or the manufacture of the card / PC.
Most of the time they have a website or e-mail contact some even have 800 numbers and such.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 4:23:29 PM EDT
[#4]
More info please. What kind of card are you running? 2 pci, 2 agp, or a mixture?...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top