Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2001 7:56:58 AM EDT
I just committed a cardinal sin...according to my father, who I find at this stage of my life, to be right most of the time.  I sold a gun!  My father said "Never sell guns, only buy them!"  The few times I have sold guns, I have regretted it later.  I feel this will be the case again.  I sold my Mini-14 to fund the purchase of a Beretta 92.  I loved my mini, its good looks, reliability, but the AR just made it kinda outdated.  I still have several other "sporting" rifles besides the AR.  The only good thing about the whole deal is, I got 480.00 for my mini! Enough to buy my Beretta in the configuration I want.  I just hope I don't regret this any more than I already do, later.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 8:02:17 AM EDT
[#1]
You must learn to hate that gun you sold or you are doomed to regret it the rest of your life!  [}:D]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 8:03:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Not hell, just Janet reno's "playhouse." [}:D]

Amended Rule: Never sell a gun, unless its a Mini14.

Amended Rule: Never sell a gun, unless its to buy another more evil "asault rifle"  that stands a greater change of being legislated out of existence.

Amended Rule: Never sell a gun, unless its a NICS gun that you are selling to fund a legal private party purchse of a "evil" "assualt rifle."

Link Posted: 9/5/2001 8:11:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I would say you are safe as long as you plan on replacing it.

Especially in this situation. You are going from an outdated innaccurate rifle to a nice semi-pistol.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 8:14:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I can save you.  I have a new stainless ranch Mini-14 with the funky laminated stock I will let you have for the $480.  [:D]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 8:14:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 8:36:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Amended Rule: Never sell a gun, unless its to buy another more evil "asault rifle"  that stands a greater change of being legislated out of existence.

Amended Rule: Never sell a gun, unless its a NICS gun that you are selling to fund a legal private party purchse of a "evil" "assualt rifle."

View Quote

Oh, great  more sins!  The mini was a private party purchase, from a friend-it was still in the box!

And, the Beretta, will be NICS! AHHHHH!  And its not a "sporting" rifle!  

I did consider buying an AK and a HS2000 to replace the mini.  Would be a little more than the Beretta, but it would be two for the price of one!  
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 9:21:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I know what you mean, though.  I sold an M1 Garand about 8 years ago, and I'm still kicking myself.
View Quote

There is NO absolution for such a sin. Other than perhaps giving me another Garand.

Upon receipt, I'll talk with God and see if we can work out a deal for you.

[:D]

Link Posted: 9/5/2001 9:23:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Oh, great  more sins!  The mini was a private party purchase, from a friend-it was still in the box!

And, the Beretta, will be NICS! AHHHHH!  And its not a "sporting" rifle!  
View Quote

Its not too late, my son. Selling a mini is always a good idea. You can still mend you ways and buy another non-NICS gun.

Link Posted: 9/5/2001 9:25:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Say three "hail Bushmasters", two "Beta Cmags", and nine "stripper clips"

I absolve you my son

Bulldog Out
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 10:18:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Repentance is the first step to absolution.

Your sin was a minor one.  You have forsaken a mediocre gun to build a spiritual bond with an outstanding one.

The Good Lord understands.

Hate the sin, but love the sinner!
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 10:39:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 10:46:59 AM EDT
[#12]
It is only my opinion, but I would never sell a rifle to replace it with a handgun. I would always do the opposite this way you don't ever lose the ratio you have on both. The beretta is a damn fine gun, don't get me wrong. The AR puts to shame the Mini. I have since sold my Mini, but I replaced it with a 308. The mini was a good starting rifle, but once I hit the AR there was no turning back. I have two and am getting ready for a 3rd. Don't feel bad, heck you got what you wanted? No harm done
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 11:37:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 12:00:40 PM EDT
[#14]
It is my hope, my son, that you come to realize exactly how far reaching the sin you committed may go.

Doest thou not know that the 5th rule of the Sect states that One should never relinquish a "free" weapon?

I will give you my e-mail for the standard compensatory atonement for your sin.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top