Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2001 10:44:30 AM EDT
Whats a good place to find quality scopes with range finders in them?
[sniper]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 11:16:16 AM EDT
[#1]
The only quality scopes I know of w/ range-finders in them are Leupold Vari-X IIIs w/ mil-dots & turrets, don't think this is what you have in mind.
Remember most scopes have friction plates (plastic)in elevation and windage adjustments, so mutiple range changes will not have the precision needed for MOA work out to long range.
Any Vari-XIII scope is a set once and forget it, roll out to any yardage and back to zero, bingo it's there (unless you bash it around).
just my opinion....
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 11:50:16 AM EDT
[#2]
There are a lot of scopes out there with mil-dots, but I don't think that's what you're referring to.  As far as other rangefinding scopes, I have a Springfield Armory 4-14X40 that's performed really well for me.  This particular scope is tuned for the .223 caliber and they make a line for 7.62 NATO as well.  The rangefinding system is fairly easy to use and effective, and the scope carries a lifetime warranty.  You can check out their webpage for more info.

Another company, I believe their name is Shepherd (sp?), makes a scope similair to that of Springfield Armory's.  It appears to be of good quality but since I haven't dealt with it I can't give you much info.

The only scope I know of with a true rangefinder is Swarovski.  It's got a built in laser rangefinder with digital readout inside scope.  Pretty neat setup but you pay for it.

Do a simple search on yahoo and you might be able to find out all you need.  This thread might get more attention in the optics forum.

Hope some of this helps,
ques
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top