Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2001 7:42:06 AM EDT
Day before yesterday, in Cobb County Georgia, an apartment manager phoned the police saying one of the tenants looked like someone on "America's Most Wanted".

Cobb County SWAT responded with a photo of the wanted man.  The manager confirmed the identification.

SWAT executes a "dynamic entry" of the apartment indicated.

Oops #1- Wrong Guy!  Doesn't even look remotely like the wanted man.

Oops #2-In the process of their "dynamic entry" one of the "professionals" allowed their weapon to discharge into the apartment.  The round narrowly missed the innocent man![:O]

"Guns only belong in the hands of professionals"
Does anyone know of any in Cobb County Law Enforcement.[>:/]

Why not avoid the rush and get the checkbook out now?[;D]

Link Posted: 9/4/2001 7:53:24 AM EDT
[#1]
DOH!

Why go for the gusto when a little surveillence work probaly would have paid off?

Dopes!
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 8:47:48 AM EDT
[#2]
The boys get the call !!!!
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/SPECTRE%2Fkeystne3%2Ejpg[/img]

Load up boys, we got doors to bust in !!!
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/SPECTRE%2Fcoppic%2Ejpg[/img]

Just another incident of overuse of swat.
[img]www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/nogood.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 9/4/2001 2:07:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 3:34:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 4:36:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Here you go.

[url]http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/epaper/editions/monday/metro_b339222f03d861821021.html[/url]

Link Posted: 9/4/2001 4:38:49 PM EDT
[#6]
What a bunch of simple minded fools.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 5:15:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 5:24:05 PM EDT
[#8]
"Pierce said that Bailey was never in any danger when the weapon discharged. He said that as soon as police arrived at the apartment, Bailey was taken outside while they searched the premises. Bailey was placed in handcuffs, which is done as a safety precaution, Pierce said."

vs.

"Bailey said police rushed into his apartment and that the rifle discharged as soon as he opened the door. Bailey said he fell backward onto a chair in the living room when the weapon fired."

I am getting sick and tired of these conflicting stories. [:(!]

Either the guy is prepping for a law suit (lying) or the cops are in CYA mode (also lying).

This sh*t is starting to p*ss me off!
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 5:28:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Swatdog, here boy!! Here boy! Here's another bone for ya! [:)]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 5:33:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Swatdog, here boy!! Here boy! Here's another bone for ya! [:)]
View Quote

ROFLMAO!!!!!! my thoughts exactly, but after my previous exchange with him, i am lying low.

SWAT=moron?  no
SWAT=people (humans who make mistakes) =extremely high potential for morons

unfortunately, it does seem so sometimes though, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 5:40:04 PM EDT
[#11]
AR Lady: I'm waiting to have my front door kicked in within moments.  I have prepared by tying the leash of my killer 15 pound attack dog, to the front door knob.  

Doug  
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
AR Lady: I'm waiting to have my front door kicked in within moments.  I have prepared by tying the leash of my killer 15 pound attack dog, to the front door knob.  

Doug  
View Quote

stop, please.  my stomach hurts.  

i wouldn't be a bit surprised if some of them were pondering how to "mistakenly" barge through my front door  (go ahead, i live in the basement, by the time you get down here...just kidding)  

ahhhhh, the consequences of freedom:  opinions and a forum in which to air them (having a big mouth doesn't hurt either!  [:D] )
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 6:23:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Question for LEOs:
If this guy was killed by the discharged rounds, would this nullify the writ of Habeus Corpses?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top