Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2001 6:32:30 AM EDT
Hey fellas, I am in an English class and the commie bastard professor wants us to do a 10 minunte persuasive presentation on a charity.  The charity cannot have any political influnce on Washington, so NRA is out.  Any ideas of non-social welfare and non enviornmental charities? Maybe RKBA (what is their websit?)?  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 6:57:00 AM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 8:15:53 AM EDT
[#2]
If you really want to piss the prof off (along with the rest of your class) get some examples of charites that misused the funds they were given.  Go on to say that you think everyone who gives to charity is stupid and that they are just giving their money to help buy somebody a new Porsche.

I'm sure there are more than a couple examples of money being misused or diverted for personal use by someone.  It doesnt matter if you believe it or not, just do it to piss of the bleeding heart bastards.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 9:40:31 AM EDT
[#3]
By non-social welfare, are you ruling out The Salvation Army? I think they're a pretty good charity where 93% of their donations go right into their various programs. They have a long history of providing help, assistance, etc. regardless of financial situation or religion (reference [i]Goodbye, Darkness[/i] by William Manchester, [i]Soldier[/i] by LTC Anthony B. Herbert, and countless WWI, WWII, and Korean War vets). Most of your medical charities like the American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, American Lung Association, etc. are barely charities. Less than fifty cents on every dollar donated to them makes it to "helping" people. Their overhead is obscene.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 9:49:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, I would suggest you point out charities that refuse to accept government money as a matter of principle -- both of these fight vehemently against government intrusions on our rights.

The Ayn Rand Institute (http://www.aynrand.org/)
The Institute for Justice (http://www.ij.org/)

This one refuses to accept government money as a matter of principle (it's the ONLY privately funded Presidential Library) and anything relating to Nixon is bound to get up a liberals nose in a big way.

All three are tax-deductible charities which have no political influence in Washington.  I'm sure there are others.

- CD

Link Posted: 9/4/2001 9:50:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry, forgot the URL for the Nixon library...

http://www.nixonfoundation.org/

- CD
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 9:57:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Gun Control.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top