Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/3/2001 2:28:58 PM EDT
Anyone here have a custom satin nickel finish on their pistol slide? I like the two-tone look and would like to have my Sig 228s slide refinished. I am wondering what the duarability is like and what I should expect it to cost. Maybe Robar NP3? Thanks all! Zaz
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 4:53:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2001 4:55:00 PM EDT by Dolomite]
[img]http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/1340/images/O4Uh9MCoBQIAAFc3AlM_1340_23.jpeg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 4:57:56 PM EDT
I like the two tone look but personally I think it looks better with a satin frame and a dark slide. A friend of mine has a newer Kimber with silver slide & black frame and it just doesn't look right to me. Aesthetics aside, from a strictly practical standpoint, I prefer a sight plane that is a non-reflective dark color over on that is reflective. Even a matte silver finish will reflect light and spoil my ability to focus on the front sight. my $.02 worth...
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 5:03:07 PM EDT
I have a two tone 229. I actually would have prefered the black slide but this was the one on sale. I don't know about wear on the finish as the pistol is never holstered. Just thought you might want to check the sig board [url]www.sigtalk.com[/url] and see if someone has a two tone slide that may want to trade. You could also check with Sig as to the cost of a two tone slide, may be cheaper than having one refinished.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:32:30 PM EDT
Dolomite, where did you have that done and appox. $$ if you would. Ratters, the 229 has stainless slides. The 228 did not come with them and are not available according to SIGARMS. Thanks though. Your 229 a 9mm? Trade ya! [:)] Zaz
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 5:32:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By zazou: Ratters, the 229 has stainless slides. The 228 did not come with them and are not available according to SIGARMS. Thanks though. Your 229 a 9mm? Trade ya! [:)] Zaz
View Quote
Zaz, the slide is stainless with a Satin Nickel finish as the black slides are stainless with their black Nitron finish. They do make it in all stainless, including frame, as well. I wasn't sure if they ever made a two tone 228. Sorry, mine is a .40 or I'd think about it.
Top Top