Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/2/2001 1:03:36 PM EDT
18 months ago I bought a Carbon 15 rifle based on light weight and tech looks. Never fired it. A few weeks ago I got the matching Carbon 15 pistol. I fired them both today and they both sucked the big one. The rifle misfed and stovepiped with Winchester and UMC ammo. The pistol was even worse PLUS several nonfires. I'm sending them in for warranty work but I don't really want them back. I just don't trust the design at all... If I had been a member of your web site a few weeks ago I'd have avoided these and had enough money for a LEGP and a lot of accessories.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 1:13:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 5:37:24 PM EDT
Yep, in addition to bolts breaking and stovepipes, some rifles have a light strike problem. When you're lucky enough to get a round to chamber it doesn't go off. [v]
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 6:04:33 PM EDT
Yes, there's nothing more irritating than pulling a trigger and getting nothing but a sad little click.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 7:51:43 PM EDT
thats why plastic or carbon fiber doesnt belong on guns.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 8:02:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ar15robert: thats why plastic or carbon fiber doesnt belong on guns.
View Quote
it doesnt? [img]http://www.hkpro.com/image/g36k.jpg[/img]
The G36 is a reliable rifle, much more so than the M16 series. Though hard core M16 and AR-15 aficionados will have a difficult time accepting what they might describe derisively as 'Euro-Trash,' there is no denying the fact that the G36 rarely, if ever, jams. The most desirable departure from the M16 design is the fact that the gas used to operate the action is vented in the forearm, and not blown back into the action like the 'exhaust pipe' of the M16 gas tube. The G36 jams so rarely that HK has said that they have a G36K that has been fired more than 25,000 rounds without cleaning and no failures. I defy an M16 to duplicate that.
View Quote
Its not the space age materials, its the company itself.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 8:11:15 PM EDT
That's one ugly rifle Scarecrow. And I question the claim of reliability. Out of curiousity how much does one of those cost?? sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 8:28:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 8:33:18 PM EDT
xray... What made you decide to finally take the guns out, and go shoot them ? You must have read the topic I posted yesterday about the problems I had with my Type 97 pistol... Luckily, I only bought my pistol on Saturday. It's getting returned to my dealer first thing Tuesday AM.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 8:43:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Scarecrow:
Originally Posted By ar15robert: thats why plastic or carbon fiber doesnt belong on guns.
View Quote
it doesnt? [img]http://www.hkpro.com/image/g36k.jpg[/img]
The G36 is a reliable rifle, much more so than the M16 series. Though hard core M16 and AR-15 aficionados will have a difficult time accepting what they might describe derisively as 'Euro-Trash,' there is no denying the fact that the G36 rarely, if ever, jams. The most desirable departure from the M16 design is the fact that the gas used to operate the action is vented in the forearm, and not blown back into the action like the 'exhaust pipe' of the M16 gas tube. The G36 jams so rarely that HK has said that they have a G36K that has been fired more than 25,000 rounds without cleaning and no failures. I defy an M16 to duplicate that.
View Quote
Its not the space age materials, its the company itself.
View Quote
No, its neither the materials nor the manufacturer. Its largely due to the different operating systems in the two guns; direct gas as opposed to a gas piston.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 8:55:57 PM EDT
I don't really care. I want a G36
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 4:48:21 AM EDT
As much as I hate to say it....I would take the G36. I have shot 1,000's of rounds through these and they are a dream to shoot. The weight, point-ability, and the sight system are exemplary. The AR is a great system though, as far as it's versatility in being able to easily reconfigure the rifle.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:18:44 AM EDT
Re: G36 Reliability isn't everything. There's accuracy, ergonomics, versatility, brass handling and more I can't think of.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:40:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2001 6:54:31 AM EDT by Scarecrow]
WHO CARES??? THE G36 BEATS THE CARBON 15 EVEN ON A BAD DAY! Also I am not comparing the G36 to the AR15 and for one simple reason, NONE OF US OWN ONE. When your ban sunsets then we can have a true G36 vs AR15. And it is the manufacturer not the gas system that causes these bolts to break, they can produce the gun properly. It shouldnt be called the Carbon 15, it should be Charcoal 15.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 7:35:01 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 9:13:52 AM EDT
I want a G36 too. If it wasnt for the damn AW ban, we could buy them with semiauto trigger groups. Hell, the damn Canadians can buy them like that! UMP45's also.
Top Top