Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2001 11:31:44 AM EDT
[url]http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2001/8/31/200747.shtml[/url] Nat'l Gun Registration

Isn't this excerpt barbara streisand!

[i]Registration and the Law

Another fact Americans need to understand is that registration is directed to law-abiding citizens, not criminals. Not only do convicted criminals by definition fail to obey the law, but they are constitutionally protected against any registration requirement. In Haynes vs. United States, the U.S. Supreme Court in 1968 ruled 7-1 that compelling registration by those who may not lawfully possess firearms amounts to a violation of the Fifth Amendment's proscription against forced self-incrimination. In other words, the court said that if someone "realistically can expect that registration [of a firearm] will substantially increase the likelihood of his prosecution," the registration requirement is unconstitutional.[/i]

[url]http://www.newsmax.com/commentarchive.shtml?a=2001/8/30/025025[/url] The Poisoned Well
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 11:35:56 AM EDT
[#1]
"In short, with the historically crucial and potentially fatal issue of progressive civilian disarmament, perhaps, we should once again summon the words of our wise Founders; this time those echoed by Jefferson's fellow Virginian, Richard Henry Lee ("Letters from the Federal Farmer," 1788): "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." Yes, the easiest way to enslave citizens is to disarm them."

The best part of the article.  Can't add anything to them.  Just hope someone remembers all this later.

Link Posted: 9/2/2001 11:39:23 AM EDT
[#2]
If it helps I added it to my email signature lines. [:D]
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 2:46:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Hence, there is no reason for registration other than eventual confiscation should the fed ever deem necessary for the "public safety".
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 3:01:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Great point! Grundsau and drjarhead are absolutely right...registration is a step, not an end...only a step toward the eventual goal of confiscation of firearms. Of course, it will start with "military type firearms, then handguns, then large caliber guns and finally the smaller caliber rifles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top