Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2001 8:44:50 AM EDT
Patriot Rock Video
Hey AR-15 folks,

Many of you folks know of my band Poker Face. Even more of you probably don't. We write patriotic political protest rock. I wanted to pass the invite on to come check out the video we just put up on our website. The video is for our song "Rather Die Than Be Your Slave." When Mel Gibson's movie "The Patriot" was in the production phase, we had tried every possible avenue to get this song added to the soundtrack. Alas, it never got to the right ears. But, last year, with the movie in the theaters less than a week, we received this video in the mail from an anonymous source.

So, grab some corns and swing on over.
                   http://www.pokerface.com/ThePatriot/

We are currently in the process of writing/recording our 4th CD which should hopefully be done in time for that last minute Christmas shopping.

We also asked our webmaster to offer a High speed broadband version of the video
..... so have at it and enjoy....

our site has 3 options in realplayer
                   slideshow for dialup
                   decent
                   best at 225 kbps

and one for windows media player

For some odd reson the player does not render the proper contrast unless you resize it
slightly smaller. I have no idea why and no control over that.

so you may want to tell people to grab the lower right corner of the player and make the pic slightly smaller and it will look right contrast-wize.

for people that want to download the the 8 meg file to get the quality copy: give them this link:
                   http://pokerface.com/ThePatriot/patriot-hi.rm

peace

------------------
Poker Face is Political Protest Rock for the Masses

http://www.pokerface.com
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 9:14:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, pretty cool.  Makes me want to head out to the range and burn some powder.  [:)]

I might just need to add a CD of yours to my collection.  I presume they're available over the website.  I'll look into it later this week.

Good job with the song.  And good job to the anonymous source who put the video together.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 9:24:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 9:39:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Most excellent.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 9:59:32 AM EDT
[#4]
good band, good tunes

Link Posted: 9/2/2001 10:03:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 10:10:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds Queensrycheish. Cool. [8D]
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 12:55:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey, I got the movie on VHS several months ago, it's great. Got all three of their CD's, can't wait for the 4th one. Great music, Great Band.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 2:56:23 PM EDT
[#8]
can u set it up where i can dl it for us slow  56k people
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 2:56:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 3:27:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I listened to it just now. Not bad. Sounds polished, not rough (which is a good thing).

Couldn't get the video to play though.

Decent stuff.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 4:16:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Hey Pokerkid,

Do you guys know if there will be another March for Liberty in DC like last year?

And if so is the band going to be there providing tunes for the masses?

I will probably score another of your CDs provided you will be selling them there.
thanks
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 8:10:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm running with a 56k as well.  Actually, only connecting at a pitiful 33.6.  But, you should be able to use the Windows Media link for decent viewing.

http://www.pokerface.com/ThePatriot/patriot.wax
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 5:18:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Chissel,  I believe I heard rumors about another MFL.  But, haven't seen anything concrete yet.  I can guarantee that when it happens, we'll be there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top