Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/2/2001 5:20:57 AM EDT
Wife and I went to state fair yesterday. Managed to NOT see the Klintons. Purchased a flag 16' pole, American flag and POW/MIA flag. It was time to get a bigger flag and better display. Spent 15 minutes talking to a NY State Policeman. He's involved in the collection of cases for the big NY state program. Found out that if NY gathers the casings they keep case and bullet. Each is scanned and stored electronically. Mfgs only provide case. He talked about used guns having to go through the same procedure in the near future. Only a registered FFL can hand deliver a pistol to be test fired. Cannot be mailed. As we talked he loosened up. Turns out he's a collector. Owns many guns. We talked about the "gun" problem. Both agreed the problem is the disconnect of the family. Nice conversation. Asked three different policemen if my AR was legal in NY and they all said yes. So far so good. Wife and I had a great day. Going to shoot Trap today. Should have as much if not more fun today.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 6:46:06 AM EDT
Its always been my experience that the NYS police aren't all that bed, its the small town wanna-bes that have always hassled me. Also I'm headed to the Fair today, I wanna see Johnny Rivers!
Top Top