Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/2/2001 1:48:02 AM EDT
Let see... When I was 10 I shot my big toe with a Red Rider BB gun to show my cousin that I could take pain. He did too but what he didn't know was that I was wearing steel toe boot... he was wearing a sneaker [:D] When I was 11 I took my little brother's paddle cart (like a go cart but no engine) and tied it to my cousin's motorcycle and went 45 mph down a dirt road. I couldn't go faster than 45 mph because one of the front wheel fell off. When I was 11 or 12 we used to hangout near the railroad track waiting for the train to come by so we can shoot it with our sling shot. Also, we used to lay down big 8" nails on the track so we could make spear points. When I was 12 or 13 my friends and I played cops and robbers with BB gun. We did wear heavy jackets and motocycle helmet with full face cover. When I was 13 my friends and I used to go exploring in the sewer pipe during dry season. We would sometimes go in 400-500 yards. When I was 14 we used to skip school and go to the ocean and raid lobster traps. When I was 15 friends and I used to go out to the school parking lot and pickup small cars and put them in different parking spaces. If we didn't like someone we used to put their car right next to the fire hydrant or in a handicap parking space. I'm sure there were many more but thats all I can thing of right now. I guess I was a normal kid.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 2:03:47 AM EDT
Well, I was somewhat older, late teens, maybe 20, but the craziest thing I used to do was ride an old Yamaha 650 twin down a gravel road. Old bike would max out on gravel at 85 or 90 on a good day. Going that fast on gravel is like riding a wave runner. You can ride back and forth over that gravel hump in the center, feels just like a wave. You can turn your handlebars full arc, either direction, the bike will continue in a straight line. Don't believe me? Go ahead, try it for yourself.[}:D]
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 2:34:06 AM EDT
Most of my childhood memories involve either [b]fire[/b] or being grounded. Usually a combination of the two.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 4:08:33 AM EDT
Jumping off the 3rd floor porch into the snowbanks left by the plow comes to mind. So does making rickety ramps for our BMX bikes, and having several friends laying down on the ground while you jumped over them. BB gun/pellet gun wars in the woods...I'm not gonna go any further because just about everything else was illegal and/or involved property damage.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 4:11:14 AM EDT
We used to have ARMY battles, shooting at each other with BB guns. Finally ended when one of us got a BB clean through the lip! Also played around with matches/fire WAY TOO MUCH!
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 5:04:05 AM EDT
A bunch fire bug's we are...Explains why my oldest son got "burned" err caught by School Officials 3yrs ago. Orlando,Fl. circa 1965...Land Development in our area allowed for a little "camping out" (during the day) and starting a fire and pretending to be ADULTS...but got ratted out by a kid whose Mom smelled the smoke on his clothing... Yeah, we got busted...age about 11yrs.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 5:05:17 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 7:41:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 8:05:34 AM EDT
I was 10 or so, I was out in my Grandparents field with no shirt, just a pair of jeans on. We were having a family reunion. I was exploring all my Grandad's junkpile, and found an old paint can.. and a broken hammer head. Naturally, I began to throw the hammer head at the paint can to "see what would happen" Well, I had to keep getting closer and closer because all I was doing was making dents in the can, finally, from about 3 feet away, I got it punctured. Turns out it was red spray paint, and completey covered my face and upper body with blood red paint. I could barey see, and stumbled my way back to the house, where about 30 relatives were hanging out inside. I remember my mom simply passing out in the living room, when I walked in front of the huge sliding glass door, moaning, and covered in red. I really got them that time, they thought I was pretty much dead until they found out it was paint. :-)
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 8:36:58 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TREETOP: Most of my childhood memories involve either [b]fire[/b] or being grounded. Usually a combination of the two.
View Quote
Ah yes, fire... burned a mailbox once shooting a tin can cannon into it. Who knew they had a canvas bag inside them? Found out the FBI and postal inspectors don't play games. That 12 year old burned a mailbox and he has to go down. All in all a great learning experience.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 10:03:03 AM EDT
There was a large rivenewith a creek at the bottom near my house. Well, I found a LONG roll of hemp rope in my grampas barn and tied it to a tree at the top and one at the bottom crossing the creek. Then put on a large pulley with a hook on it. When my buddy Joel came around we played army and I "volunteered" to go down first (to prove it was safe). Quite a ride, hard to control, but I made it down "ok". When he went we forgot to add the possibility of rope stretch. It stretched enough with me that when he got on it stretched further and went careening down the hill full bore, through the crek and into the tree the rope was attached to. Did I mention the trees he hit on the way down? Dont know whether he was brave or stupid for not letting go on the way down. We also make homemade napalm, cannons, bombs etc. Its a wonder we still have all our fingers and eyes. BrenLover
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 10:07:29 AM EDT
I used to play with fire too much, when I was about 11 or 12 I was playing with lighter fluid and matches, exept the lighter fluid was evaporating real fast & I didn't know why (it was butane) when I lit a match there was a big cloud of butane gas around me and.....yep....I was suddenly ingulfed in a ball of fire. I got burned pretty good but no permanent scarring, valuable lesson though.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 10:11:19 AM EDT
Ohhkay.. I once ducttaped a M-2 Ball round to the muzzle of my Daisy 25.. Shot at a squirrel out my bedroom window.. That was loud.. The bullet did'nt go too far. Just enough to knock the hell out of Mr Squirrel..he ran off after a few minutes. I was sitting, looking at the now quite loose stock on my BB gun.. Meplat
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 10:56:56 AM EDT
Originally Posted By M16Man: We also make homemade napalm, cannons, bombs etc. Its a wonder we still have all our fingers and eyes.
View Quote
i wonder that about my self to when i was visting my Aunt in Alabama when i was 12 me and a friend i met there blew a crater in his backyard. its amazing we didnt get hurt
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 7:43:21 PM EDT
Some buddies found a wierd .22 load in Dad's dresser....it was like a .22 casing crimped where a bullet would go. I still don't know what it was exactly, but suspect either a blank or birdshot. Anyway, we took turns bashing it with a sledge hammer in the street one day. When it finally blew, no injuries. Same friends, we used to spend "Devil's Night" (Oct. 30th, a Detroit thing) throwing old ears of corn at passing cars. Same friends again, we used to throw rocks at cars in the Sears auto service center when we got bored at the mall. Again, same friends, in spring we used to leap 3/4/5 feet onto the thawing chunk of ice in the neighborhood pond. It was coolest when one cracked off a piece of ice on the edge during landing. When new houses were built in our sub, we would collect chunks of gravel and hurl them at each other in "dirtbomb wars". It was safe, we thought, because they usually just "poofed" when they hit something. Even our faces. Those guys have been in and out of jail more than I can count. We drifted apart just before they got into drugs.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 7:51:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 7:57:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 8:02:58 PM EDT
I pumped up a gallon wine jug (glass) 3 or 4 times with a tire pump, then let the air out while watching gas clouds form inside during de-pressurization. funny thing about glass is it doesn't burst at a specific pressure.... boy did I find that out quick, I think I still have glass in my leg... I won't even start discussing fire. [BD]
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 8:04:07 PM EDT
brouhaha, this took place about 1980. As for the .22 nail blanks, don't those have paper at the end of the casing? These rounds were about 1/4" long, and the casing itself was crimped at the end to enclose the contents of the case. Wierd.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 8:09:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 8:13:00 PM EDT
Hrmm, yes, I am amazed I am alive. Every year when the corn (yes Iowa) got tall enough, my friends and I would go out and clear a 15x15 foot area out near the road. it allowed us to have a "fort" near the road for those nocturnal wanderings and yet not visible at all from traffic. We used to go into mom's garden and pick gourds. WE had an old chunk of black fake fur we would staple on the gourd along with a sock for a tail. We would then poke two "cat eyes" marbles into the thing in the appropriate place. At this point a string was tied to the whole contraption and it was set in the ditch across the road. When a car came by we would pull the thing across the road. It really did sound like a cat getting run over (I suspect) when the gourd smashed. Mom got real tired of strangers stopping all the time telling her they were sorry they ran over our cat. We would also once in awhile have a very small fire burning in the corn field clearing. When a car approached we would dump a quart mason jar of gas on the little fire. Imagine driving down the road at midnight and seeing a huge fireball rising up out of a cornfield about 20 feet off the road. That fun stopped when one of the cars was a sheriff's deputy. Aviator [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 8:48:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By M4Madness: I placed a .22LR on a stone one time and hit it with a sledgehammer. A piece of the brass casing shot into my righthand index finger knuckle where it meets the hand, striking a small artery. It didn't hurt too bad, but wouldn't stop bleeding, so I had to go to the emergency room to get it dug out. Does this qualify me for a Darwin Award? LOL
View Quote
DAMN, I thought I was the only one stupid enough to do something like that !!! [:)] When I was about 7 or 8 years old, I took a .22LR out to the garage, and decided to "flatten" it on the floor with a hammer. Needless to say, it went off... Scared the shit ot of me. ...Never did find the bullet though...
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 11:06:43 PM EDT
Fire was always fun! When I was 7 or 8 I put some alcohol in one of the old coke bottles. I would light the opening and whoosh! It was like a jet engine. It was fun until the grass caught on fire! My mom went shopping and told me not to leave the house. It was around the 4th of July and I had all these firecrackers. Since my mom told me not to leave the house, I put my dad's huge ashtray in the middle of the living an lit some off! The house with filled with smoke. Boy did I get it when she came home. Too many stories with BB guns!
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 11:32:30 PM EDT
Lessee - Had an uncle give me a course in "Kitchen Table Demolitions" when I was 9 - andi had an affinity for fuel-air explosives. Had Roman Candle Fights with my buddies. Made cherry bombs (waterproof) for when we went swimming in the river. Got good use out of my chem classes as well. Devised and build camouflaged electromagents for people with tape collections of various types. And a host of others.... FFZ
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 3:29:56 AM EDT
When I was 12 me and some friends were riding our bikes in 60 acre field near where we lived. When we took a break on guy pulled out some matches. He lit a little patch of grass then stomped it out. The game was see who could le their patch burn the biggest then put it out. We all tried. When it was my turn I let mine get bigger than the other. When I started to try and stomp it out a strong breeze began to blow. Well you can guess what happened. We all were stomping our feet were getting very, very hot, then we looked around in we were surrounded by the fire. We jumped on our bikes and got the hell out of their. The smoke could be seen from a couple of miles away. We were scared for days thinking the cops were gonna come and get us.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 4:20:49 AM EDT
We dowsed a full grown pigeon with alcohol, and turned him lose on a busy street. He just walked around out there like there was nothing to it. I went to a night time church deal, and was hanging around outside where no one could see me when a cat came and rubbed himself around my ankles. I grabbed him and chucked him in front of a tractor trailer rig. Wow...what a mess.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:45:27 AM EDT
Most of what I did as a child (Before 12 y/o) qualifies as criminal. And in fact I once took a ride in a Police Car. Fortunately, no charges were filed. But, when I was younger I hung out with the local Gang. I mean a real gang. I stole some stuff and set it on fire. My mom caught me. I ended up unable to sit down for a long time. I eventually stopped hanging out with them. And now, several are in Prison. 1 of them threw 2 pipebombs at an enemy's house. The Police don't take that very well, that was about 5 Years ago and he is still in Prison. Not sure what he was charged with, but Manufacturing/Projecting a Destructive Device comes to mind and is what I heard. About 7 Years ago, the Gang's leader left/disappeared suddenly and his house was seized by the Government. I heard he was in Prison, but never found out the truth. He was the one who took me into his group/gang. It somewhat disbanded after that. But, the members (excluding myself) are still breaking the law.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:50:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2001 6:50:33 AM EDT by Scarecrow]
I whaited to get my firearms license and as a result by the time I had it at 20 when I could have had it at 18 I dint get to buy the HK91 before it was banned. [>{]
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 7:19:51 AM EDT
snuck in to the girls room in school and placed clear plastic saran wrap under the toilet seat smoothing it out so there would be no wrinkles. put the seats down and left. you can imagine what happened when a girl sat down to do whatever. we captured a stray cat that had grown up wild and put it in a old suitcase and left it by the bus stop. a car came buy and grabbed it and left. can you imagine going down the road and opening that case and have a pissed off wild cat jump out?
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 7:40:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 7:46:37 AM EDT
1) Our sub. bordered the "woods". All of the houses had fences. One house had dogs that would bark like hell when we were in the woods. The shed at the back of the house hid the corner of the yard where we would piss on the barking dogs. Did you ever piss down a German Shepherds mouth... 2)We made parachutes and would tie them to small kittens and throw them off of the garage roof. Sometimes times the parachutes worked. 3)We would climb a tree and one of us would chop the tree down and those up the tree would ride it down. Fucked up a few people this way. 4)Tied garbage cans across the street from each other with mono line and waited for a car to snag the string and pull the two cans behind them. This always pissed of the car owner, you know with dents and shit.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 8:52:26 AM EDT
1. Took the country club's golf cart offroading. Tried to get it up a big hill but it stalled out and started rolling back down the hill, I jumped out and it flipped over 4x down the hill and into a pond. 2.Caught the back yard on fire while trying to burn ants w/a magnifying glass. 3.Tied bottle rockets to the tails of cats. 4. Got 1 large, empty can of baked beans and filled it w/dads smokeless gun powder. Pinched the end of the can almost shut and tied it to the back of a skate board and let it. (it hauled ass) 5. Caught the next door neighbors pine tree on fire when my gasoline fired hot air ballon crashed. 5. Had rock fights
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 9:16:50 AM EDT
Numerous BB gun fights with goggles of course. Walnut Wars. Once took an old bicycle, laid it on side of the road, made a dummy with clothes, put it next to old bike, squirted ketchup all over the place, laughed like hell in the bushes w/best friend, ran like hell when deputy fire chief picked up bike and threw it in bushes. Made flame throwers out of WD-40 cans. Very dangerous. Made rocket launchers for bottle rockets. Very fun. Made smoke grenades from matchheads. Didn't work well. Made my little brother get dressed up in every piece of clothing he owned. Then put my stuff on him. Looked like a tick about to pop. Laughed so hard I almost blew a nut.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 10:41:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 11:10:32 AM EDT
Nothing really illegal, but definitely "Darwin Award" material... Did the .22/hammer routine. Not loud enough so I tried the primer from a shotgun shell. Fragments cut the crap out of my hand, but no permanent damage! Blew up several model ships/planes/tonka trucks with fireworks and matchheads. Crowning moment: shot a hole in wall with my dad's 1911A1. I knew enough to remove the magazine, but didn't check the chamber... [:O] It was a knotty pine panel wall, so I cut a knot out of a piece of scrap wood and glued it in the hole. Scared the piss out of me! Took firearms safety VERY seriously after that!
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 11:37:35 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ECS: We used to have ARMY battles, shooting at each other with BB guns. Finally ended when one of us got a BB clean through the lip! Also played around with matches/fire WAY TOO MUCH!
View Quote
like this? (btw thats not me) [img]http://www.tangonewgallery1.homestead.com/files/P1000582.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 2:19:00 PM EDT
I never took part in any of the following: Threw snowballs at cars, got chased by the local cops. Escaped by jumping over fences across many backyards and hiding out under trees for hours. Hung a dummy on a rope off of a bridge over a busy highway, a large tractor trailer went by and the moving air pulled the "head" of the dummy off (it was an old volleyball with a hat glued to it) and the "body" (a paper suit stuffed with newspapers and covered with old clothes) got sucked down the road about 50 feet. We're lucky no one swerved and caused a crash. Painted crime scenes all over the town--someone lays down, you outline them with chalk or white spray paint and then put up "Police Line, Do Not Cross" or "Caution" tape around orange cones surrounding it. Fake blood on the ground is optional. Also, never did one in the garage of a model home. Placed a white smoke bomb inside the front fender of a car in the school parking lot. Some dummy thought it was on fire and called the FD. That was bad... Cemented an old toilet right outside the front door of the school. Someone later took a dump in it. Removed a giant plastic holstein cow from the roof of the local meat market and anchored it in a small rowboat in the midde of a resevoir. Re-wired the school telephone extensions--call the principal, you get maintenance, call the nurse, you get special ed., etc. Switched the flags at a golf course--#18 to #5, that kind of thing. Spectated during the detonation of pipe bombs, plastique, etc.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 4:55:56 PM EDT
Kiddies, don't try this at home. This is so incredibly stupid you all won't believe it, but it's the truth, so help me. Friend of mine when I was in about ninth grade or so told me that you could set a shotgun shell out in the dirt a ways, maybe 30 or so feet and shoot at with the same gun. One shell as victim and a pocket full of spares to plink with. Got away with this for quite a while. It might take a half dozen rounds to get the desired effects, but it was fun. Big cloud of dust when it goes off and you lay another one out, and so on. Well, one day I do this, and things don't go so well. One of the pellets set the shell off and the primer comes flying out, next thing I know it feels like Mike Tyson just dealt me a good one and I'm flat on my back. Level with the bottom of my nose and punched clear into my lower right sinus cavity and rolling around loose is the remains of the primer. reach up and feel my face and draw away blood and wonder how am I ever going to tap dance my way out of this one when mom finds out. A trip to Amarillo, they used some kind of pneumatic hammer to punch through my hard palate in the roof of my mouth and reached in and drug it back out. Like I said, this is way to crazy for anyone to make up.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 12:07:29 AM EDT
I chewed gum in 6th grade class once.
Top Top