Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2001 12:43:06 AM EDT
Which one is better?
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 12:53:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Well,I like to use those big magnolia leaves, they have a good wide scraping area.[:)]
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 12:54:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Walnut for cleaning and corn cob for polishing.   Or is that the other way around?   I don't remember right now.  All I know is I put it in the big Dillon tumbler to clean and smaller Dillon tumbler to polish.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 1:12:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I use corn, tried mixing them it does'nt work.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 1:22:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Nothing better than a good old fashioned corn cob pipe. [smoke]
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 1:23:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Imbroglio,

Yobo nailed it on the head.

If I had to choose only one I would go with walnut, as it appears to clean much faster.  It just isn't as pretty as corn cob.

I am of course assuming you are refering to brass tumbling media yes?
If it is what nutsack is refering to then you gotta go w/ catulpa leaves, fairly strong(when 2-ply), wide area, very soft!
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 1:31:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm still trying to figure out how to use those three shells.[%|]
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 1:40:06 AM EDT
[#7]
This is the proverbial apples vs oranges.  If you want fast cleaning, walnut.  High polish, corncob.  Both, then both.  Since my case cleaner is not hand powered, I just dump them into the corncob and forget them for a while.  This is best done with a higher quality unit, no need to burn down your house.

If you find yourself wanting cases, like NOW, with a high polish, the best way is to clean a stock of them in advance.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 1:44:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't know if it's true or not but, a friend of mine told me about one time when he was hunting and nature called and that he got some of those magnolia leaves to wipe with.Well after he was through he just did not feel right back there, then he looked down at the ground where the "used" leaves were and one had ticks all over the back-the scraping side. Gives me the chills, I can't stand ticks.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 2:36:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Could've been worse, nutsack.
Ever try poison oak?[:O]
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 4:31:35 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been using rice for a few years, it works pretty good. I also toss in a few small stips of sweatshirt cloth, it soaks up the dirt at the bottom of the tumbler
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 4:36:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Loading .22's are we?
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 4:41:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 4:41:47 AM EDT
[#13]
I currently use corn cob. I let my machine run for 1 hour and the cases come out shiny.

When I run out though I'm going to try some walnut..
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 5:19:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Cool Jeopardy question.

Answer: Corn cob or walnut?

Question: What do Calihomo's prefer when their friends aren't around.[;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top