Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2001 11:58:57 AM EDT
First day of dove season here in Texas. I got rained out this morning but how did everyone else do?  How many birds and how many shots. Be honest[}:D]

Now that you've killed and cleaned them what the best way to cook them? Share your recipes please.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 1:00:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Wrap in bacon with a tooth pick and cook over charcoal.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 2:28:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Wrap in bacon with a tooth pick and cook over charcoal.  
View Quote

MMMM
The only way to go.
Now I'm getting hungry.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 2:58:02 PM EDT
[#3]
RAINED OUT!

It's Labor Day in North Texas.  Last year after three consecutive days of 109 deg, Labor Day was 111.

It NEVER goes under 100 on Labor Day.  Today it was 82!

And did I say RAIN?  Last year we went 84 straight days with no precipitation.  By Labor Day we'd seen 2 months without a drop.  This year we got 5 inches the week before Labor Day and I when woke up this morning it was STILL raining!

The doves are some kinda spread out.  No point sitting by a stock tank at sundown.  There's water EVERYWHERE!

Was supposed to meet some political folks for a dove hunt/.50 cal/machine gun shoot but didn't even bother getting dressed.  Setup the reloading press instead and made ammo.

At least the Central Zone has an extra two weeks for the early season.

Here, dovey, dovey, doovey......
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 3:08:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Howdy folks,

Beautiful morning here in So Arizona.  10 birds in a little over an hour, just over a box of ammo, not positive as dad had to borrow some to finish up his limit.  

Looking forward to dinner,
JT
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 3:36:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Well lets see:

Of the two "friends" that I was supposed to hunt with, One left home w/o remembering to call me [-!-] to you Mr. P and the other agreed for us to get together after his son scoped ouyt a few places earluy in the am but never called me with the details so [-!-][-!-] to you as well Mr. R.

Heck......maybe I don't got no friends.....maybe I stink or sumthing.

Top that off with the wife coming home from work pissed becasue a load of laundry was not folded.............she went straight upstairs and closed the door and I had a fine opening day.

I like to marinate in Italian salad dressing, wrap in bacon and put on the grill.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 3:54:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Did not get to go [:(] Someone stole my shotgun.
BAD is sad.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 11:42:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Rained this AM, but got out this afternoon.
Six of us went up to Florence and five limited out at 12 apiece, the 6th had 9 birds. I ended up shooting a total of 18 birds, but only finding the 12. And I did every thing in my power to find those lost birds. Ended up shooting 28 shells. Tomorrow, I will take THE pup to let her get a taste of dove hunting.(and maybe I won't lose so many)
Kens
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 9:53:56 PM EDT
[#8]
East of Yuma. 10 Birds in 30 min. 06:15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top