Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2001 6:31:25 PM EDT
My Form 4s finally came in on my two suppressors:  My titanium .223 suppressor from STW and my 9mm suppressed upper from Clyde at Coastal Gun.  

Only had time to break in the Coastal Gun upper.  Long story short, it's awesome.  I had heard good things about Clyde's product, and they were all true.

The upper is built completely around the Colt system and you get a Colt mag block and bolt with the upper.  It's a flat top (A3) design and I put a red dot on it.

There was no play, at all, between the upper and my SP1 lower.  I have 3 Colt mags and 4 modified UZI mags (from Clyde).  All ran great, with no mishaps.  I had a whole section of my local range to myself and used no ear protection (after 5 test rounds).  The guys behind the glass were drooling and said afterwards that they heard nothing but the thud of the lead hitting the back of the range.  Exactly what I heard (and did not hear).

No misfeeds and no noise.  Simply more fun than should be allowed.  The free floating hand guard protected me from heat and the entire weapon was suprizingly steady.

I used a Colt 9mm buffer in my collapsable stock and a Hogue grip I picked up from Bushmaster.  I'll post pics later and give a range report on the STW can as well.

Check out Clyde's stuff over on the Bowers's Board at [URL]subguns.com[/URL].  Just go to the NFA message board and scroll down till you see him.  He has pics.

Link Posted: 8/31/2001 7:31:12 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 7:46:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey glad you got that pup! I was looking for your report on it.

One question. How was the gas blow back? I fired a couple of suppressed uppers one was a Gem on an M4 and the other was on a colt 9mm. Both of them cleaned out my sinus.

I am thinking of buying one for my Colt 9mm now.

OK, second question. What grain 9mm were you running?

Thanks, Greg
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 7:54:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Greg,

The gas blow back was not bad- although I'll get back to you tomorrow when I really put it to the test.  I really did not notice it.

I used both FMJ and JHP subsonic ammo from the A-Zone (Sandro Diaz).  
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 8:01:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds good! (pun intended)[:D]

I was running 115gr Speer and it was still quiet but not as quiet as it could have been. If I knew before I went to the range I would have picked up some subsonic.

Link Posted: 8/31/2001 8:03:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 7:02:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Put 100 rounds through it this evening with no problems.  The gas blow back in not a problem.  Still quiet with only one misfeed that I believe was due to "pilot error".  Will test the .223 STW can tomorrow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top