Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2001 7:06:11 PM EDT
ATTENTION! all you successful mechanics out there! (you guys,(or gals) that actually make your living repairing anything that requires a real mechanical aptitude, and, NOT a 'parts replacer'}. there is a real opportunity for you to make a  fine living in many countries, such as russia, as a doctor. thats right, a medical doctor. most people here in the u.s.a. don't realize that in many countries, there is a very fine line between a mechanic and a doctor. after all, the human body is nothing more than a machine., and most of the work performed by the u.s.a.'s doctors is glorified. (try reading their writing, this must be some sort of code!)i therefore submit that if you can(as a mechanic) replace a piston in an engine, or a valve in a head, then, you should be able to replace a heart, or, perhaps perform brain surgury as well!! remember however, that all the engines will be running as you do this!
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 9:22:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Your post reminds me of the old joke of why a heart surgeon makes so much more than a mechanic.  It's because the Doctor has to work on the engine while it's still running.

Maybe, if all car parts and problems were assigned Latin names, mechanics could get away with charging more, like Doctors do.  For example:

While working on your car to fix the asper (rough) situs (idle), I had to fabrica (create or fabricate) a res (part) because it was bent at the extremitas(at the end) and file down a scrupulositas (rough edge), summa (over all) it runs pretty teres (smoothly) now.  Here's your bill for $15,000, sir.

See, mommy was right when she made you take Latin.  It can help you make lots of money.z
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 9:41:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I bet if you took a crate full of old car parts to Cuba you could become rich very quickly.  The same thing is going on in Iraq.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top