Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2001 6:45:58 PM EDT
    I want a LEGP so bad but I bought a 16" CAR from model 1 sales the week before I discovered this site.  With tomorrow being the deadline I have to ask, If I go ahead and buy a LEGP, how much do you think I could sell my current AR for?  

Specs:

16" post ban CAR built on a Bushmaster lower, prolly around 800 rounds through it.  The only addition I made was a Houge grip, and M4 hand gaurds.  

If I can get $500 or so out of this I will buy me a LEGP tonight.  I can afford to tie my money up for a while (I doubt it will sell very quickly) but I can't afford to buy it outright.

I'm affraid I'll get stuck with two 16" rifles.

What to do?!?!?
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Please Help!  I need to make a decision by tomorrow.  I just need to know if I can get anything for a plain vanilla AR if I'm patient
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 7:35:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't rush it, there will be a LEGP2, besides I have heard that the barrel is not chrome lined.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Why not check some of the gun auction or classified sites to see what they're going for? $500 doesn't seem too high of a price to me. And anyway, if you're patient enough you should be able to sell it eventually. And the LEGP is a sweet little rifle. You won't regret getting one.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 10:03:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Don't rush it, there will be a LEGP2, besides I have heard that the barrel is not chrome lined.
View Quote

The "LEGP2" is very different than the 2001 LEGP. And yes the barrel isn't chromed. If you take care of your gun it will last every bit as long as a chrome lined barrel. I am a proud owner of a 2001 LEGP and wouldn't trade it for a pre-ban anything.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 10:20:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Email Grin&Barrett ASAP...  There is always his financing option that would buy you plenty of time to sell your other rifle.

Several members have taken him up on his generous offer to finance, and it's enabled them to get a rifle that they are very pleased with.

The LEGP program that we have put together, has created a brotherhood within a brotherhood.  It's really fun to go to a shoot and see the guys very proudly showing them off to others, knowing that if not for AR15.COM, these simply wouldn't exsist!
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 10:29:37 PM EDT
[#6]
[red][size=3]Yes!! Finance it!! I had to, works out great, do it!![/size=3][/red]
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 4:44:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:If I can get $500 or so out of this I will buy me a LEGP tonight.  I can afford to tie my money up for a while (I doubt it will sell very quickly) but I can't afford to buy it outright.
View Quote

I believe you can get $500 out of it fairly easy.  If you're serious, I'll help you sell it as I've been buying and selling for a while now.

The LEGP is a really sweet deal, it feels great having an 'AR15.com' rifle.  You'll love the M4 look and the non-functionable flash hider.

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Kevin/DCP00653b.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 7:33:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Just e-mailed Grin&Barret about financing.  I really want one, or two. :)

God Bless Texas
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top