[#2]
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 3:00:17 PM EDT
[#3]
You lucky dogs! :)
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 3:00:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 3:01:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Crowboy, I just picked up my application today. How long did it take? And which county do you live in?  I am in Oakland County.  The local police clerks are damn glad they dont have to deal with the CCWs anymore.  I take my classes next week and I just bought a SIG 239 in 9mm. Wow, what a little gem.  I am getting nice groups right out of the box.  Seems to prefer ball and not hollowpoints.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 3:03:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Way to go Michigan!!!  I live in a state that has had CCW since the 80's, so we get a little jaded around here. It's always good to see another state come to their senses.  Next issue: reciprocity.  How many states does that make now?  34 or 35 with CCW? Sounds like a majority to me!
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 3:54:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 6:20:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey AK2KX if you live in Wayne County you might get a chance to use it.  Damn, I stayed with my mom there for awhile a few years ago.  Hmm let's see it was on Alexandrine a block off Michigan Ave... Across the Wayne State Mortuary School and across from the Tommy Boy Market.  Fun place huh? :)

Smalls
Semper Fi
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 6:25:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Congratulations. I live in Oakland county, I turned 21 yesterday and will be picking up my permit very soon.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 6:43:46 PM EDT
[#10]
New question guys.  Now lets say, that the law is repealed in November by the misguided commie liberals in our state.  Will they be able to take your CCW back?  Or will you be able to keep it forever once it is issued or will you have to prove a need as before?
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 7:28:31 PM EDT
[#11]
We just had our first group of about 34 get passed in the Petoskey area.  Our shooting club in Harbor Springs is going to put on there first classes starting next week.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 1:39:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 4:01:25 AM EDT
[#13]
The streets in Detroit just got a little safer!

Hopefully, this CCW law will stick. It [u]should[/u] once the people see that it's not gonna be a 'shootout at the OK Corral' at every traffic intersection!

Eric The(WishfulThinking)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 7:42:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Crowboy you live in the Traverse area?  I'm going to be in West Bay this weekend.  Just south of Sutton's Bay.  Is there any place to shoot around there?  :)

Smalls
Semper Fi
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 12:03:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 12:24:35 PM EDT
[#16]
crowboy, congratulations.  I hope you will take the MCRGO flyer that you should have recieved and fill it out, if you aren't already a member.  If everyone who gets a CCW permit joing MCRGO, estimated at 100,000 within a year, then we would have no problem at convincing the legislators that they they need to remove the gun free - criminal safe zones.  You also should have met Ross, the Executive Director of MCRGO, who was also at the Ingham county court yesterday making sure your county prosecutor didn't win his lawsuit to put the CCW law on hold in your county.

If anyone in Michigan has any questions about getting a CCW permit, check out the forums on our website.  Almost every single question has been answered, at least twice. [url]http://www.mcrgo.org[/url]

Stephen Wire
Board of Directors MCRGO
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 12:27:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Crowboy, I just picked up my application today. How long did it take? And which county do you live in?  I am in Oakland County.  The local police clerks are damn glad they dont have to deal with the CCWs anymore.  I take my classes next week and I just bought a SIG 239 in 9mm. Wow, what a little gem.  I am getting nice groups right out of the box.  Seems to prefer ball and not hollowpoints.  
View Quote

Oakland County has been pretty good about issuing permits.  After you are printed there is about a 2 week backlog at MSP for processing.  After the FBI sends your prints back to MSP then within 30 to 60 days after that you should have you permit.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 12:29:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Michigan Residents, how would like to win a free concealed carry package, including a new Sig P239 in .40 S&W, a Galco Stealth holster, case, trigger lock, and 20 rounds of Speer Gold Dot ammunition?

All you have to do is write a pro-gun letter to the editor of a Michigan paper and get it published.  Every letter you get published and submit to MCRGO is an entry for the prize.

For complete rules and to see the prizes goto [url]www.mcrgo.org[/url] and click on the link of the Write and Win contest on the home page.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 12:32:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
SWEET! I'm in Wayne (hack, coff) county, and getting set to pick up my app soon.
!!!
View Quote

Wayne County is actually going fairly well.  Their first gun board meeting is coming up Sept 11 and we will know better what they are doing.  Wayne County is letting you get fingerprinted in your own city instead of the Sheriff's office and they are requiring two notorized letters of reference instead of just two references, so that they will not have to verify the reference, which would slow down the process.

There is a public MCRGO meeting on Sept 10, in down river Wayne County.  The Wayne County Sheriff is supposed to be there to answer questions.  Check the calendar on [url]www.mcrgo.org[/url] to find the time and location of the meeting.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 12:37:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
New question guys.  Now lets say, that the law is repealed in November by the misguided commie liberals in our state.  Will they be able to take your CCW back?  Or will you be able to keep it forever once it is issued or will you have to prove a need as before?
View Quote

If the Michigan gun owners continue to work together, there is no way the law will be repeal.  I'm actually hoping they get it on the ballot for several reasons.  When we kick their ass again, the entire state and the legislators will know for sure that the people of Michigan want shall issue.  It will also bring out many more pro-gun people to vote, who will elect even more pro-gun legislators.

But if somehow they did win here is what would happen.  The permits would still be valid until their expiration date.  However, the gun boards would be restored, you would have to show need, and all the current gun free zones plus some additional ones would be added.  Most likely you would not get your permit renewed when it expired.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 12:49:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 12:52:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 5:48:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Let me second what SWIRE said--anyone from MI who gets to spend $200 or more to get a CCW should drop the $20 to join MCRGO. You get 20x more bang for your MCRGO buck than from any other pro-gun org around. These guys got it done, but the battle's not over yet. JOIN!
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 8:57:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Hey! I sent that $20 long time ago!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top