Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2001 9:51:13 AM EDT
[url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20010823/us/clown_sex_abuse_3.html[/url]

Circus Clown Found Guilty

By PAT MILTON, Associated Press Writer

RIVERHEAD, N.Y. (AP) - A professional circus clown has been convicted of sodomizing his teen-age assistant.

Christopher Bayer, 29, known as ``Smiley the Clown,'' was found guilty Wednesday on nine counts including sodomy, sexual abuse and endangering the welfare of a child. He was acquitted on four othercharges.

Bayer said he would appeal.

``I'm innocent,'' he said as he left Suffolk County Court. His attorney, William Keahon, said he is confident the convictions will be reversed.

Bayer worked for the Clyde Beatty-Cole Bros. Circus based in DeLand, Fla. The boy was 11 when he began working for Bayer in 1995.

The boy, now 17, testified that Bayer began fondling him during out-of-town circus trips, and that the first sodomy happened in 1995.

The boy's father grew suspicious in 1999 and placed a surveillance camera in the living room of the family's Long Island home, where Bayer would sometimes stay when in the area.

The father caught a December 1999 incident on videotape and reported Bayer to police. The tape was shown to the jury.

Keahon argued that his client had been given liquor and then set up before the taped incident.

Bayer was freed on $25,000 bail. Prosecutors said Thursday that bail would likely be revoked because a recent state statute does not allow bail before sentencing for a person convicted of a felony involving a child victim.

Sentencing was set for Oct. 17

Link Posted: 8/29/2001 10:05:04 AM EDT
[#1]
If I ever catch a queer messing with my son, he will be hog food. Period.

Silly faggots. Dicks are for chicks! [pissed]
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 10:47:58 AM EDT
[#2]
What a bozo.
Sorry.....couldn't help myself.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 11:03:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Bozo, haven't heard that name in years! LOL
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 12:31:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 12:51:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 1:36:39 PM EDT
[#6]
It is a well-known fact that homosexuals are over-represented in the population of professional clowns.  It's a way for them to be something they are not.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top