Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2001 6:33:38 PM EDT
A friend of mine called today,to tell me he was selling his guns,to buy a bulldozer.

He has a Mini 14 GB stainless,factory folding stock,flashhider,bayonet lug preban.NIB

Also a SPAS 12 factory folder with bull hook.NIB

I haven't seen any of these guns in a while.
I was wondering what they are going for now?

He is asking me a $1000.00 each. It sounded like a pretty good deal for two preban guns.

Thanks Greg
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 6:37:04 PM EDT
[#1]
That's about par for the Mini Factory Folder... but i've seen them on GunsAmerica for $875- Of course, it sold before days end, but they do pop up for cheap.Hell.
I'm buying a 10/22 Pre-Ban with Folder and 5 30 rounders for $250 [:)]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 7:46:41 PM EDT
[#2]
umm, i would get the 14. im not really fond of the mini 14 platform, and the spas is super cool, but if you want to shoot it, i hear thier fragile at best. the benelli m3 is better.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 7:52:19 PM EDT
[#3]
In my opinion that is totally insane. $2000????
That seems way high to me. Might be ok on a spas I guess. You could definitely get a nicer preban than a mini-14 for a grand. You could get both of those if you watched the subguns boards and have at least 500 left over. I could think of alot cooler stuff to get for that kind of money. Of course this is just my opinion, but the prices seem high to me. He's definitely trying to get you for TOP retail.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 9:05:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree that is way too high for a mini-14 or spas. If he is your friend he should hook you up with a good deal on both guns. Haggle him down.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 9:09:36 PM EDT
[#5]
the spas may be worth a 1000, but try to get him down. the mini-14 is hideously overpriced. you can buy it new for sub $500. I wouldn't pay over 500 even if it was pre ban. plus minis suck dude just buy an Ar anyway id buy the spas cause there hard to find now
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 9:22:08 PM EDT
[#6]
The price on the SPAS is about par for a hook stock folder. You won't be able to just go out on any given day and find one cheaper...

The Factory Folder Minis are cool guns (Like the kind the A-Team carried [:)]) and a grand is par for one of those too. I have seen them sell for more, I have seen them sell for less. While I am not a fan of the Mini system, for what it is, it is a reasonably fair price out the door for a Mini factory folder. Keep in mind that with anything "pre-ban" you are paying a lot for collectability, very much so in the case of the Mini Folder. They were never sold to the public- only to LE agencies. The only ones available are police trade ins, so there is a collectable aspect there since they are rather hard to come by in the grand scheme of things.
If it were me spending the 2k, a 870P and a Bushmaster can be had for $1100, saving $900 to spend on optics, goodies, and a shitload of ammo.
While the Grin Factory may be higher for the SPAS and the Mini Folder, they don't do anything a Bushmaster and a 870 won't do; some may even argue that they are lesser weapons.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 9:25:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 10:26:57 PM EDT
[#8]
i wouldnt pay more than $650 for the mini 14, a preban might be worth 500bux, and the FACTORY RUGER folding stock would be worth about $100-150. (if its not factory ruger than its worth even less)

the spas12 is really neat pump/auto shotgun, maybe even complicated for some people, it should be worth $800-1000.

is it a lever safety or push button safety?
the lever safetys had problems, like pushing it OFF and the gun goes BANG, there was a recall and some were fixed. you can also replace the lever safety with a push button safety for about $110. there is a spas12 website ( i think) its called www.spas12.com
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 10:44:31 PM EDT
[#9]
You guys most not be able read very well.He said a Mini 14 SS Factory Folder ,Factory Bayo Lug,And factory flashhider .NIB.It is esily worth $1000 .They sell used beat up police trades in a couple of places in Gunlist for $900.I'd buy it If I didnt already have one.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 11:50:12 PM EDT
[#10]
That's just to much $ for a mini 14, even in this configuration. I'd rather spend the grand on an AR. The spas is a neat gun, but it is nearly a crew served weapon. To many bells and whistles. It's more of a collectable curiosity than anything.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 12:00:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I agree with Landon and Bayer that the Ruger GB will usually go for about $950 asking.  From what I have heard (no personal experience) the GB is generally supposed to be a lot more accurate than the standard Mini14.  

That being said, recall that Mini 14 mags are about $75 and up apiece.  

You can get that LEGP for less than $600 with $350 left over for mags, optics or whatever you want. The Bushmaster M17S is also about $600, and the AR180B is less.

I don't think the prices are terrible, but unless you really want a GB and a SPAS, I think there are superior rifles and shotguns.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 12:07:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Forget the SPAS, it's way too heavy and too complicated, and it won't do anything a Remington 1187 or Benelli can't do.  I had one in high school, it was a boat anchor.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 2:02:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The price on the SPAS is about par for a hook stock folder. You won't be able to just go out on any given day and find one cheaper...
View Quote

If today was that given day I'd say run over to subguns and get the one for $800
As for everyone else on the mini-14 issue, i just saw the exact weapon on gunbroker for $500 and one with an aftermarket folder for $650. Some guy was selling one for $965 and he was the highest on the mini-14 gov. model.

At lowest prices you'd be paying $1300 and even at TOP retail (we all know gunbroker is WAY high)you'd still only be paying $1765. If your friend can't give you a better deal than a stranger on gunbroker I'd start calling him an aquaintance.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 2:05:03 AM EDT
[#14]
I missed the part where it was S.S. That would drive the price up a bit.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 5:05:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the feedback.

I think I am looking more at future value than anything, afterall they are both new in the box.
It is very unlikely I will ever fire these guns.

As for another AR I have four now, and the LEGP is one of them, and a Mossberg 590. I do all my playing with them.

Thanks Greg
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 5:38:44 AM EDT
[#16]
I would probably try to talk him down on the Mini-14 a little bit and buy that. If nothing else, for the cool factor. I have an AC556 in this configuration and it just looks mean.

Don't listen to the guys telling you its only worth $500 or whatever, they don't know what they are talking about. A factory folding stock by itself sells in the $300-400 range depending on finish and condition. I paid $375 for one in stainless in great condition and considered it a good price.

If you can get him around $850-900 for the Ruger, I say go for it.

Michael
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 6:08:03 AM EDT
[#17]
It's not too much for either,,, if you have some wooded property that he will be clearing for free. Then it would be a very fair investment.

I have a preban Mini-14. It is a great gun and I'm glad that I got it. Even back in 88, when I bought mine, the factory folder was pretty expensive. Seems like it was around $600-700. My regular ranch version was $350. At that time the AK-47s were about $250 but they looked so cheap and unrefined. Most people were paying the extra $75 for the regular mini-14 cause it was just such a higher quality rifle. Still is.

What was really ironic was all the MAK-90s that I bought for $150 each before Clinton did his thing. What a jerk.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 7:33:11 AM EDT
[#18]
I wouldn't buy that mini for that price.....for 1000 bucks you could do a hell of a lot better with a different weapons platform.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top