Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/27/2001 1:31:56 PM EDT
Only after about 4 months of looking for a rifle. I now say I have finally ordered one. I don't know how long it's going to take to get it do to that F.A.C said they just ordered a few. Well wish me luck that it does not take a month for me to get it. Thanks for all your help guys. I'll give you guy's the low down on how well it shoot and everything and maybe place some pix on the site of my rifle.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 1:33:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 1:37:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 1:59:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By tayous1: Only after about 4 months of looking for a rifle. I now say I have finally ordered one.
View Quote
So how much will this cost you? Are you doing better than the Dealer suggested price of $995?
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 2:15:15 PM EDT
I have built several DSA rifles an own a couple myself. Let me tell you, you won't be dissapointed in the way it shoots or the way it handles. Fantastic rifles.[:D]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 3:43:03 PM EDT
Congrats, you're getting a very nice rifle.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 3:47:30 PM EDT
Just don't be like me!!!!! Shoot that thing as soon as you get it. I waited too long and now am "emotionally" attached to it. Could not get myself to shoot a work of art. Maybe one of these days!!!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 9:18:18 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Getsome:
Originally Posted By tayous1: Only after about 4 months of looking for a rifle. I now say I have finally ordered one.
View Quote
So how much will this cost you? Are you doing better than the Dealer suggested price of $995?
View Quote
It cost me $807.00 for the rifle and shipping and then $20 for the FFL dealer to order it for me.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 9:21:34 AM EDT
tayous1 - Prepare to enter the world of firearms excellence. You WILL NOT be disappointed with your purchase.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 9:44:46 AM EDT
Originally Posted By garandman: tayous1 - Prepare to enter the world of firearms excellence. You WILL NOT be disappointed with your purchase.
View Quote
The only bad thing is that F.A.C said that they have to order some more of they had more on order I think I'm going to call to find out. I also got 1000rd of ammo 9 mags 1 scope mount 48" case Otis cleaning kit So when I get it in I'm going to have a lot of ammo to shoot it and a lot of mags to keep it barking.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 11:23:28 AM EDT
How about some more information here. What is F.A.C. and what do they have to do with DSA? How much is this going to cost? Info please!
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 1:50:51 PM EDT
F.A.C is Federal Arms Corp. They are just firearms dealers and there selling the rifle for $795.+Shipping. I don't know if they have anything to do with DSA except they sell there rifles you can find them in shotgun news. I will also place the phone number up they don't have a web site yet so this is the best way to get a hold of them right now they told me it was going to be 3 weeks until they get the rifles in. They told me that they have sold a lot of the ones that they have ordered right now so if you want one on this next shipment them get your FFL dealer to send his FFL to them and order you the rifle ASAP The number is (763)780-8780 the order number for the type 1#STG58DS1 the order number for the type 2#STG58DS2 And they will tell you how much the shipping will be to your area over the phone.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 3:33:17 PM EDT
Best of luck with your new rifle tayous1! My STG58 Carbine was ordered from DSA on a Monday morning and arrived COD Wednesday afternoon. Only thing faster is Next Day!
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 4:19:42 PM EDT
Originally Posted By B27: Best of luck with your new rifle tayous1! My STG58 Carbine was ordered from DSA on a Monday morning and arrived COD Wednesday afternoon. Only thing faster is Next Day!
View Quote
Thanks I think this three weeks for the rifle is going to kill me thou!!! But maybe by the time the rifle comes I will have all the mags Teflon coated and loaded for my day at the range. Just one more thing do you have to brake in this rifles barrel just like any other ones?
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 7:35:18 PM EDT
btt
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 8:12:08 PM EDT
tayous, why didnt you just order from DSA? Cut out the middleman. It took 5 days for me to get mine. Did you get the type 1 or 2 receiver? My shoots great, looks brand new. Only problem is with certain Hirtenburger rounds. They like to stick and I have to turn the gas up for proper function. No probs with other rounds. I think the cases are swelling.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 3:26:53 PM EDT
tayous1- About the brakes-I noticed a kind of odd thing. Actually, the dealer did. The rifles have the long fake muzzle brakes and the carbines have the short fake muzzle brakes, BUT the fake muzzle brakes on the carbines have had 8 holes drilled in them to actually fuction somewhat as a brake. Why not the rifles?
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 9:19:08 PM EDT
All this DSA FAL talk got me hot for one so today I called DSA and ordered one along with some accessories. I ordered the type one with a 21" bbl and a carry handle. Anyone here have any oppinions about bbl length? I still have a couple of days before the paperwork gets to them.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 9:29:45 PM EDT
Good job I love my STG 58 almost as much as my wife!
Top Top