Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2001 12:04:25 PM EDT
I talked to dealer about buying a Springfield .45 and I asked him if the distributor will exchange the gun if it has a problem. He said that distibutors/wholesalers don't do exchanges for defective handguns. Do you guys know if this is true for all distributors? Why would this be when any other consumer goods can be exchanged if defective?
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 12:16:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I know Davidsons will repair or replace.  Not sure about others.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 12:37:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Every gunshop I ever walked into will tell you that warranties are given by the [i]manufacturer.[/i]  Of course, there are some dealers that are also factory authorized repair centers.
I had a defective S&W model 17 some years ago, sent it back 3 times, 3rd time S&W replaced it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 12:44:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Most distributors that I know of have nothing to do with the repair/replacement process. Usually you will have to deal with the manufacturers, unless your dealer is nice enough to deal with them for you.

About the only thing distributors will trade defective products for is your cash.

Michael
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top