Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2001 4:30:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 4:35:02 PM EDT
[#1]
The undercoever guy actually waited until I had paid for my stuff before they moved in.
View Quote

No doubt they seized her cash box, so there was a good reason to permit your transaction to be completed!

Eric The(AmICynical,OrWhat?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 4:48:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, gotta keep throwing stars out of the hands of serfs.  If we allow them weapons, they might rise-up and attack the ruling class.  What is this the middle ages?

The last gun show I went to was in Spartanburg, SC.  It was a tiny show with only about (wild-guess) a 100 tables.  When I was there, I counted 40 people that didn't look like dealers.  There were probably an equal number of people working at the tables.  Out of the 40 attendants, 7 were LEO's!  Three were in uniform, one was out of uniform and I knew him, and another three were wearing a coat and tie with a badge on their belt (not very undercover in July on a Saturday here in the south).  That's 17.5% of the people there weren't there to shop.  It amazes me that the police felt such a show of force was necessary.  I didn't see them harassing anyone too badly, but then again, I was only there for a few minutes.  I saw an AR with an Oly "plinker" lower with a flashhider.  The flashhider wasn't sleeved, and I mentioned that I thought the rifle was illegal to the guy selling it.  The guy's wife went and got the state constable at the door to come and ask me to leave.  I wonder if they made anyone I know a felon that day by selling them a post-ban with a flashhider.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 4:56:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Went to the Reno show last Saturday. Ahh, the smell of freedom. I think everyone there knows the money comes in from CA, not NV.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 5:23:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know which is more sad:  The cops putting the screws to people trying to make an honest living, or guys like zoom, who harass people about nonsense laws governing flash hiders and arbitrary dates for which they are either "legal" or "illegal."  It is we who put up with this garbage, and until "we" say enough, "they" are going to keep pushing--harder and harder.  Every time someone posts a pic of their rifle on here, same thing--" Is that a post-ban with a flash hider?"  

The absurdity of going to federal prison for such a thing defies all reason.  And furthermore...

Oops, It's Bill Lockyer, gotta go!
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 5:29:56 PM EDT
[#5]
So a flat piece of metal that has been used in 0 crimes in the past 30 yers warrants such a waste of taxpayer resources and makes a criminal of someone just trying to make a buck to put a roof over their head & feed their kids. I guess if they were to go on welfare, food stamps and live in a government apartment that would be noble. What a bunch of commies. Leave that God forsaken sh*thole of a state while the border is still open.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 5:35:54 PM EDT
[#6]
frpcmanager is right... let the calis go to nevada to spend their hard earned money. it is too bad really, i have been all over california, it is a most beautiful and diverse landscape. but sadly now, too many people, and too many liberals in sacto running everyone else s life all over the state. i feel for the poor lady.....
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 5:40:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, you know they want to shut down all gun shows in the PRK, so this is where they start. If I were selling at a show here, I sure as hell would find out what's legal ahead of time. This is the PRK -- you need to operate in CYA mode 24/7.

Our new state motto is "Visit as a tourist, leave as a felon". Everything is a felony in the PRK these days.

This state is becoming more embarrassing every day.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 5:49:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Man oh man. I did not even know those things were illegal!!!!! I had a shitload of those things. I can't believe they even bother at gunshows. Hell they sell em by the dozens in LA and SF Chinatowns. What a joke.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 5:49:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I feel that many of the laws reguarding firearms are detrimental to freedom as a whole and it would appear as though California is the buggest offender. What would it take to kick them out of the union? That would be fantstic.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 8:15:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 8:37:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Bet it was those sheet-metal stars that weigh a little more than a diskette and are no even sharp.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 8:51:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Things illegal under SB23.
 misdemeanor or a felony, beginning
January 1, 2000, for any person, except as provided, to manufacture,
import into the state, keep or offer for sale, give, or lend any
large-capacity magazine.
Manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the
state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives,
lends, or possesses any:
cane gun
wallet gun
any undetectable firearm
any firearm which is not immediately recognizable as a firearm
any camouflaging firearm container ( Camouflaging firearm container" does not include any camouflaging
covering used while engaged in lawful hunting or while going to or
returning from a lawful hunting expedition )
any ammunition which contains or consists of any flechette dart
any bullet containing or carrying an explosive agent
any ballistic knife
any multiburst trigger activator
any nunchaku
any short-barreled shotgun
any short-barreled rifle
any metal knuckles
any belt buckle knife
any leaded cane
any zip gun
any shuriken
any unconventional pistol
any lipstick case knife
any cane sword
any shobi-zue
any air gauge knife
any writing pen knife
any metal military practice handgrenade or metal replica handgrenade
any instrument or weapon of the kind commonly known as a blackjack, slungshot, billy,
sandclub, sap, or sandbag
anyone who manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers orexposes for sale, or who gives, or lends, any large-capacity magazine
 anyone who arries concealed upon his or her person any explosive
substance, other than fixed ammunition
 anyone who carries concealed upon his or her person any dirk or dagger
 12276.1.  (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon"
shall also mean any of the following:
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to
accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action
of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.
(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine
with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length
of less than 30 inches.
(4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a
detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor,
forward handgrip, or silencer.
(B) A second handgrip.
(C) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely
encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon
without burning his or her hand, except a slide that encloses the
barrel.
(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location
outside of the pistol grip.
(5) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the
capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:
(A) A folding or telescoping stock.
(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action
of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.
(7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a
detachable magazine.
(8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder

Of course this only includes the "things", not the crimes commited with them.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 8:56:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Our hard earned tax money at work. Things have really gone to far.  Stop the Insanity!
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 8:58:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, when was the last time you heard of someone doing a drive-by inert grenading?
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 9:02:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Of course all these things are legal for LEO (no offense meant), any varaiety of state investigators/examiners, including but not limited to dental examiners, BAR investigators, health inspectors, beauty parlor inspectors etc. Also totally legal to own if you make movies for a living (a special exemption).
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 9:03:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Most of the throwing stars, pen knife, martial arts weapons were made felonies in the early seventies, not by SB23.  Once again because they were the choice of "gangs". Used to be a felony for carrying a switchblade but only a misdemeanor to carry a gun.  Yeah, California govt. sucks.

BTW, when I was a little kid (11 or 12) we would just mail order the stuff. Never a problem.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 9:25:06 PM EDT
[#17]
The reason they were polite and respectful was they were surrounded by people with firearms.

That is maybe one less person to pay a fee to sell wares at gun shows.  Less vendors will eventully mean NO shows period.

Soon the USDA will come to check the Beef Jerky vendor to make sure his product is in compliance.

It is a war on a culture pure and simple.

Just remember a new gun is only a phone call away...........

Dial 911

Biggame223

Out
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 9:33:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
any bullet containing or carrying an explosive agent
a
View Quote

I think you guys are in trouble if the DOJ wants you. Depending on how you read the above, it could include your ammo. It dosen't specfy what the explosive has to be, in other words, it could mean the propellant!! We are talking the kalif DOJ
KenS
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 10:23:33 PM EDT
[#19]
i work for some guys that selling various pistol stuff at the SoCal gun shows.
you would not believe the amount of idiots (and UC cops?) that ask for hi cap mags, ive had up to 6 people in a day ask for those things, i had another IDIOT (too stupid to be a cop) who wanted to know about silencers for hunting. i should charge these sumbitchs for giving out legal advice.

back in spring the DOJ busted 2 brothers at the Costa Mesa CROW show who were selling illegal marital arts weapons, these 2 guys had been told personally by my friends (and others) that the stuff they sell is illegal.
i heard the DOJ threatened with arrest some knife vendor for wearing a "neck knife" in plain view outside of his shirt.

and now the DOJ will say they have been making "illegal weapons arrests at gun shows" and the politicians will show this to the media and say "WE NEED TO SHUT DOWN THESE SHOWS OF MASS DESTRUCTION"

no arrests for illegal guns!!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 11:49:57 PM EDT
[#20]
It really gives me a good feeling that the kalidiot DOJ is so concerned with people committing victimless crimes.

I have only one thing to say to all JBT, stay away from my kettle korn!
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 5:43:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 6:06:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

any camouflaging firearm container (Camouflaging firearm container" does not include any camouflaging covering used while engaged in lawful hunting or while going to or
returning from a lawful hunting expedition )

Of course this only includes the "things", not the crimes commited with them.
View Quote

Sounds like no AR15s in violin cases allowed in CA.  No guitar cases, either.  That is, unless you're going hunting.  [;)]

Norm
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 7:06:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Worst yet, they bust people for these dumb@ss laws, then create statistics showing number of illegal weapons sold at gun shows.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 7:20:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Wow the DOJ really getting some serious criminals off the streets - hope they all patted themselves on the back for a job well done!!![puke]ON THE KALI DOJ

Dragunov - should have leaned and said to the nice DOJ agent - "Ya know, I think the hogs are getting hungry"
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 8:04:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Well, The people in PRK can never be [b]REALLY[/b] safe until SB23 is amended to include [b]ALL[/b] potentially dangerous objects.
They need to add (to name a few) baseball bats, golf clubs, tennis rackets, bricks, sticks, stones and loose gravel, scissors (except safety scissors), bath tubs, 5 gallon buckets, and countless other potential weapons or life safety hazards.
[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 9:22:39 AM EDT
[#26]
I was about to go there on Sunday too. It's such a shame.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 9:58:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 11:08:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Exactly how many people have been killed in the U.S. in the lets say the last 10 years by fake ninja crap?

I haven't read all the posts so excuse me if this comment has already been made.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 1:46:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Man oh man. I did not even know those things were illegal!!!!! I had a shitload of those things. I can't believe they even bother at gunshows. Hell they sell em by the dozens in LA and SF Chinatowns. What a joke.
View Quote

Just tell them you use them in martial arts.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 2:33:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

That won't work. It's california. Tell them you use those items to artificially inseminate same-sex couples trying to have children.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 2:51:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

That won't work. It's california. Tell them you use those items to artificially inseminate same-sex couples trying to have children.
View Quote

Ok- tell them you saw that lame ass David Cronberg's "Dead Ringers" movie and you wanted to replicate those sick looking obgyn tools.

Or,

Tell them Sho Kosugi made you do it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 3:09:27 PM EDT
[#32]
"any instrument or weapon of the kind commonly known as a blackjack, slungshot, billy,
sandclub, sap, or [b]sandbag[/b]"

I don't know about you, but I have tons of sandbags on my place, we shore up various ponds on the property and use them to divert streams when needed.

Glad I don't live in Cali...what do they do in case of flood?
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 7:21:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
"any instrument or weapon of the kind commonly known as a blackjack, slungshot, billy,
sandclub, sap, or [b]sandbag[/b]"

I don't know about you, but I have tons of sandbags on my place, we shore up various ponds on the property and use them to divert streams when needed.

Glad I don't live in Cali...what do they do in case of flood?
View Quote

I don't think CA has too many floods.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top