Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 12:13:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
"Let me guess; we all need "sensitivity" training, right? What are you, some kind of nut?" mellonpopper

Not the kind that's hanging on your chin.

I'm gonna go back to sleep now.  
View Quote

retrodog,

You just don't seem to get it.  Almost everyone who sheds tears on these occasions are shedding them for a [b]product[/b] of a Bread and Circus/propaganda machine.  Did YOU know this individual, personally?  Did she at least stand for what YOU stand for?  Then WTF is your problem?  Do you get all teary eyed when you hear of a plane crash killing several hundred?  Probably not, you probably say "That's terrible" then forget about it.  Are those several hundred individually less important than what's her name?  Were their lives any less meaningfull?  Were there lives less valuable, 1 single penny less, to themselves and their loved ones?

A perfect example of this was the death of "Princess Dead"  As a person she was a lovely lady.  But what she stood for, the aristocracy and that whole scene, I rail against that.  That crap is what good men died fighting, to give us the freedoms we enjoy today.
Remember all of those adoring masses that heaped flowers in huge piles, in memory of her?  The huge irony is that they may have well contributed to her death.  Their quest for a life, because those inbred, pasty faced sops lack the fortitude and the imagination to make their own life interesting, set the stage for Princess Dead to be hounded, right to her grave.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 12:58:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Jack-B-Nymble,

YOU just don't get it. I'll repeat myself one more time for the hard-of-reading...

I never wanted anybody to shed a tear, or care, or feel bad. THE ONLY thing I am bitching about is the fools who are making fun of her dying. Did you get it this time? Did you understand?

Okay, I'm done ranting. This just seems like everything else. If you suggest something a little left of someone elses position then they slam you all the way to the other end of the chart.

Hey, I am happy to see that Hitler died. Same goes for anyone else who is responsible for horrendous acts of attrition of innocent persons. I might even laugh when someone makes a joke about him being dead. I shouldn't but probably would.

Now wake up and smell the coffee. IMHO if you think somebody like this girl dying is funny well then I think you are a jerk. You haven't said that yet but that is the ONLY thing I was bitching about others saying.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 1:08:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey retrodog, this singing creature (now a charred critter) paid sarah bradeys salary for 2.5 years.  Every time Sarah trys to grab your guns, think with kind and tearful thoughts as to this singer...ok?

As to me, it was a good day, too bad she had to take the pilots with her, her hangers-on I could not give a shit about, toadies always get it when the king dies anyway.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#4]
retrodog,
[b]You[/b] still are not getting it.  You are mistaking my abivalance for laughter.  Also, my ambivalence is more than generous.  We are in a cultural [b]WAR.[/b]  The other side is working day and night to deprive you of YOUR RIGHTS.  

The enemy just had a casualty.  This should be a cause for celebration.  Who's side are you on?
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 1:13:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I wonder if the hogs would eat charred human?
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 1:27:43 PM EDT
[#6]
You guys are pretty good. I'll give you that.

If nothing else, I certainly appreciate your saying what you think. It's just too bad that you cherish the death of someone who wasn't trying to kill you. You're virtually condoning death as a treatment for any crime against you.

In the lack of a severe threat (someone rounding you guys up to be shot) you have become so sensitive to the little things to fight for. You now want people to die for small reasons (not that I'm saying freedom is a small reason so don't try putting those words in my mouth) but you have become immune to the loss of life for something as simple as someone who disagrees with you. Too bad. I'd frett about what shape this country has gotten into but there have always been people like you. That's how all the Injuns died, the Chinese abused on the railroads, and the blacks made slaves for our first hundred years. It's called the ability to RATIONALIZE. You can rationalize just about everything, even your own humanity,,, or lack thereof.

I do get a real kick out of hielo. He's so over the top that it's quite apparent that he's just doing it to impress you other guys. Now pat him on the back and tell him "good boy". Throw him a doggie biscuit while you're at it too. You just gotta show some appreciation.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 1:40:40 PM EDT
[#7]
one of our security guards at work was killed last week in a fire, he was a good person I didn't see anyone start a three-page thread for him, you didn't know him you say? well you didn't know Aaliyah either.

What if were someone else from the NRA 'list' who died who might not have been quite as "doable" as her? Melissa Etheredge for example, she plays mean guitar on a couple Delbert McClinton songs but her own music sucks and she be ugly, 'sides she doesn't screw guys in the first place, I'm assuming Aaliayh does and the fact that we found her attractive and she dies means we've lost some chance to bone her? But if it were Melissa in that plane everyone would have been like WooHoo!

unnecesary death is bad when it happens to anybody but...[red][size=5]SCREW YOUR ELITE CLASS[/red][/size=5] and ask me not to shed a tear for them losing out to a calculated risk when you refuse to ask others to do the same for my security guard who you also didn't know.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 1:44:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Stevie died because the helicoptor pilot flew too low in the fog and hit a tower.
View Quote

Actually, the pilot hit the ground, not a tower - CFIT, controlled flight into terrain, in this case, an Alpine Valley ski slope. Death was due to exsanguination - bleeding to death. Strange how great guitarists have a habit of dying after playing w/Clapton : Hendrix, Duane Allman, Stevie ..... Hmmmmm, I smell a conspiracy! [;D]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 1:50:17 PM EDT
[#9]
erickm,

huh???
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 2:31:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I was more sad when Old Yeller died.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 2:40:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 2:46:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Great point raf,

I'll go find something better to do like watch my car rust. And it's fiberglass so that is real boring. But it's got this all beat to hell.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 3:20:11 PM EDT
[#13]
RetroDog, you mistake conviction for "over the top", it's your right to be mistaken, but you are mistaken.

This is a war we are in, you may not want to see it and that also is fine.  BUt they are coming for you and yours, and when they do disarm you, you are at *their* mercy.

Make no mistake about it, your type will be disarmed, you will bend to their oh so logical arguments.  You will get what quizzlings deserve, and you want to know something, having known you on here, I will try to work up some emotion over it, ok?  Just for you.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 4:13:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Who?
cpermd
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top