Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2001 4:48:29 PM EDT
Just took the handguards for the first time....Lo and behold, no fvckin heatshields under there!! No wonder I can hardly hold the handguards after firing about five rounds.  Is this normal.  Although I bought the used (1 previous owner) I don't think the seller would have removed them.  Why me?
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 4:53:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah a long time ago I posted about this.  I actually melted the handguards off of a 16 inch Oly because of this.  Now that HURTS.  
Just swap them out for a set from Bushmaster
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 5:02:23 PM EDT
[#2]
hmmm  just the person I was looking for.  (shameless plug)
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=46871[/url]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 9:56:24 PM EDT
[#3]
The Oly kit I bought in April has heat shields.  Apparently, Oly has decided that heat shields are a good thing.  On the positive side, this is a good excuse to buy green furniture.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 10:14:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Lo and behold, no fvckin heatshields under there!!
View Quote

I saw just heat shields at a gun show for $5/set and you insert them into your handguards.  Handguards also came without heat shields $10.  The ones with them cost $15.
Link Posted: 8/25/2001 5:19:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Doesn't "PCR" stand for "Politically Correct Rifle"? You ought to know that it's not PC to own an AR15-type rifle, let alone [b]fire[/b] one - so your handguards should never get hot and therefore never need heat shields.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 2:10:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Doesn't "PCR" stand for "Politically Correct Rifle"? You ought to know that it's not PC to own an AR15-type rifle, let alone [b]fire[/b] one - so your handguards should never get hot and therefore never need heat shields.
View Quote

Another fine example of helpful sarcasm. Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top