Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2001 4:48:29 PM EDT
Just took the handguards for the first time....Lo and behold, no fvckin heatshields under there!! No wonder I can hardly hold the handguards after firing about five rounds. Is this normal. Although I bought the used (1 previous owner) I don't think the seller would have removed them. Why me?
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 4:53:12 PM EDT
Yeah a long time ago I posted about this. I actually melted the handguards off of a 16 inch Oly because of this. Now that HURTS. Just swap them out for a set from Bushmaster
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 5:02:23 PM EDT
hmmm just the person I was looking for. (shameless plug) [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=46871[/url]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 9:56:24 PM EDT
The Oly kit I bought in April has heat shields. Apparently, Oly has decided that heat shields are a good thing. On the positive side, this is a good excuse to buy green furniture.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 10:14:48 PM EDT
Originally Posted By nobby: Lo and behold, no fvckin heatshields under there!!
View Quote
I saw just heat shields at a gun show for $5/set and you insert them into your handguards. Handguards also came without heat shields $10. The ones with them cost $15.
Link Posted: 8/25/2001 5:19:46 AM EDT
Doesn't "PCR" stand for "Politically Correct Rifle"? You ought to know that it's not PC to own an AR15-type rifle, let alone [b]fire[/b] one - so your handguards should never get hot and therefore never need heat shields.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 2:10:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By NH2112: Doesn't "PCR" stand for "Politically Correct Rifle"? You ought to know that it's not PC to own an AR15-type rifle, let alone [b]fire[/b] one - so your handguards should never get hot and therefore never need heat shields.
View Quote
Another fine example of helpful sarcasm. Thanks.
Top Top