Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/24/2001 8:42:58 AM EDT
Now that the kidney is fixed, I need to begin getting my broken down body back in shape, so I've decided to buy for a road bike and begin crunching out the miles... Awhile back I offereed these for sale at a high price, but now I'm dropping them to $1650 for the pair. If you wanted the low numbers, here's your chance! My health is a hell of a lot more important to me than a pair of rifles, so that's why I'm willing to sacriface them. If interested, please call me at 217-593-6211 ([i]home[/i]). I am home all day today, and will be here all weekend as well. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 9:36:10 AM EDT
Nope, No can do. I do have some cash I would be happy to give to you and/or a Bike frame. You worked hard for those LEGP, and I for one don't think you should get rid of them. Ask your family here to help you out, I am willing.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 9:37:42 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 9:42:39 AM EDT
never, never sell a gun. Unless it is to buy another gun. Let your "family" help you out. Sure, it means swallerin' some pride, but think of what it'll mean to us to look beyond our own little, petty, self-absorbed lives, and help out a "brother."
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 9:46:31 AM EDT
No pride needs swallowing, I don'tknow hao many times my family has bailed me out of messes, some of my own making, some not. Either way, it was always no questions asked. Tim, you have PayPal?
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 10:00:07 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 10:30:14 AM EDT
Damn, Tim! You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are ya?? What do you think friends are for??
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 10:38:08 AM EDT
Put up a PO Box and mail will start to come in.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 11:05:07 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 11:13:35 AM EDT
Will some moderator please Push-pin this topic? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 11:17:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 11:17:38 AM EDT
Tim, I dont know you. I never met you. Never bought anything from you. Just heard about you through postings by yourself and others on this list. I could only read your posts and try to understand the pain and suffering you're going through. Tough times are on you. I understand and I've been there too. So let me state. I dont own a LEGP. I wanted one but this whole time I couldnt seem to gather enough cash(and keep it from the wife) to purchase one. I saw your ad and realized who it was that was doing the selling. Well, I have to say this. I still want one, but not one of yours. I wouldnt take it if you sold it to me for $300. There's a lot of people here that wholeheartedly state you are a rare and good person. Listen to them. They are your friends.Dont sell them rifles. I wish to donate to your bike fund, or whatever else it may be used for.Just because its right, and because a good person needs help.The only thing I expect in return is when you're feeling better,and are back on your feet, do something good for someone else who needs it.You'd be surprised at how good that alone can make you feel. Give me an address so I can send a MO. Count me in for $20 as well. Synweap223 Out!
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 11:40:00 AM EDT
well, i HAVE met tim. he's a great guy. time for me to repay all he's done for me. email me or icq me, tonight tim. i'll get you squared away. i raced for 24 years, i can get you hooked up for the pavement pounding. here's to the road warriors!
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 12:04:18 PM EDT
Anti- It Ain't much, but if you or someone near you is going to the Shoot in Ottawa, I can give you a loan of a Huffy Mountain Bike (works fine on pavement if you inflate the tires to the higher pressure specified). I haven't ridden it in years, so I don't need it back anytime. It would free up some storage space for me to have it gone--and I figure you would take care of it better than I do now. It may work to get you back into shape until you need the Road bike. AFARR
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 12:15:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 12:21:23 PM EDT
I think the guy who put a stop on his check wants them both.[:D] Wants to know if you'll take another check.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 12:22:10 PM EDT
Guy's, for once I'm speechless... AFARR: Thanks for the offer, but I've selected a Road Racer for various reasons, primarily because I can ride them. Since I broke my back in a rock climbing accident several years ago, Mountain Bikes are too painful due to the positioning. Also, an ultra lightweight, 18.5 pound bike lets me focus my energy on the miles, not waste the energy transfer by carrying a heavy piece of equipment around. CampyBob could explain this the best, but any serious rider will understand what I'm trying to say. Thanks for all of the generous offers, but I have to do, what I have to do!
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 12:29:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 2:05:18 PM EDT
I say we all chip in and buy both rifles and then give 'em back to his wife one day when he's off riding his bike.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 2:10:55 PM EDT
I wouldn't mind having the LEGP #3 & 4 and I may be able to come up with the money but I can't do that to you. You keep them and then give it your kids later as I'm planning to do with mine. Post your address here or e-mail it to me and I'll send you something else. All of here are not as "rough" as we sound on this forum. God bless you and your family in these trying times.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 2:25:29 PM EDT
Did they do brain surgery in addition to the kidney work?? ARE YOU CRAZY?!?!?! :D I'm sure there are enough of us here willing to help chip in for a worthy cause and letcha keep the rifles.. Rick
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 5:14:26 PM EDT
I don't know him, don't even think I've posted on the same subject as him, but if someone sets something up or we get his address I'll send some $$.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 5:24:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:11:25 PM EDT
No Brain Surgery--it's the Morphine talking. Let's have his wife lock up the guns for safe keeping for a few years, and convince him the Kidney Fairy left the Road Bike under his pillow for him. I'm in for some $$ for a fund/raffle/Save the Crazyman drive, etc. PS--Anti--My Old Man just got on one of these "I'm old, but I'll show the young kids how it's done" health kicks. He got into excellent shape primarily by biking (some running/swimming). He told me he got some $1500 Road Bike for $500 on E-bay. And, the offer still stands--if you wife wants to use the Mountain Bike to ride with you on occasion, just let me know and we can figure out how to get it there. AFARR
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 10:03:08 PM EDT
Hey Guys.... ANTI must keep those damn guns. It's principle ! Never give up a firearm unless it's to your kids... [:D] Especially since he conceived the whole project and worked so damn hard on it for all of us! [b] Please Go Ahead and Visit : [url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=46963[/url] [/b]
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 10:57:44 PM EDT
where do we send the $?
Top Top