Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2001 4:35:28 AM EDT
Ok,
I am a left handed shooter, and I get tired of how the mag release button was setup for right handed people!!  
It was very easy getting the mag release part off the pistol, but getting it back on is a different story!  
The "spring-loaded" pieces for lack of a better term is what is holding me back.
I figure that a pair of long neddle nose plyers, with maybe hooks on the end are needed.  Need to squeeze the spring part into the middle, so it clips right on in.
So far, I can only get one side in, then I cant get the other one into the groove.  
Do I make sense, or do you all understand me?  

So my question to you all is, what tool from home depot would make my life easier, and not break the bank?  Any tips to tricks you can mention?  
Thanks
C-rock

Link Posted: 8/24/2001 7:14:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 8:09:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 8:23:04 AM EDT
[#3]
c-rock try this:

Do you have the pliers that are used for removing and installing retaining rings? They have a small tip on the end of the jaw that fits into a very small hole in the ends of the "c" shaped retaining rings. They work well in grasping small springs and maneuvering them into place.

Or try a dental tool, like the type some guys use to reach into small crevices when detail cleaning. They come in various tip angles and shapes. HTH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top