Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2001 7:31:57 AM EDT
and I am particularly intrigued by the STG models.  Several of you gentlemen posted aboout getting deals that included the rifle, mags, scope mounts and ammo for the neighborhood of 1k.  That brings me to my question:
Who is offereing the best deal on DSA FAL's?
(I wait, credit card in sweaty hand...)
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 7:37:03 AM EDT
[#1]
My FFL got mine for $795 from DSA direct.

In about 1 week.

You will NOT be sorry you did it.

I will recommend you get the replacement top cover / scope moun that DSA makes.

And a buttload of mags.

Link Posted: 8/24/2001 5:52:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I went to my local FFL (a decent guy, I might add) and things immediately degenerated into a three-way game of phone tag among him, DSA, and me.  DSA is supposed to call me back this afternoon.  Oh well, gives me time to think a bit more on whether I want the rifle or carbine version of the STG58A.  Right now, I'm thinking carbine, but by this afternoon, who knows?
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:06:19 AM EDT
[#3]
They tell me the carbine is LOUD!!!!!! becuase of the short barrel.

Short barrels also cause a definite loss of velocity. In the 100 FPS range.

I went with the rifle for these reasons.

But the carbine IS handy length, and looks MEAN!!!

So.........   [?]

Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:11:05 AM EDT
[#4]
They tell me the carbine is LOUD!!!!!! becuase of the short barrel.

Short barrels also cause a definite loss of velocity. In the 100 FPS range.

I went with the rifle for these reasons.

But the carbine IS handy length, and looks MEAN!!!

So.........   [?]

Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:16:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Ditto on what G'man said.  I just picked up my STG58A on Monday.  It is one fine rifle.  Also got the scope mount and 20 mag's all for $1000. DSA also got their muzzle brake issue resolved with ATF and are back to using the original design.  Went with the 21" over the carbine.  Either way I don't think you will be disappointed.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:25:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
DSA also got their muzzle brake issue resolved with ATF and are back to using the original design.  .
View Quote

When did you hear this????

I got the original design, and held out on getting it changed for THIS reason.

I even wrote a letter to BATF, and Paul O'Neill, Treasury Sec. (heads up BATF)

This would be GREAAAAATTTTTT news!!!!!!!!!

R U sure???

Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:27:27 AM EDT
[#7]
When I ordered about 3 weeks ago I asked the sales lady specifically and she told me.  You might want to call them up and confirm.  Sure hope she didnt blow smoke up my ...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top